Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Agric-Economics and Extension 2019/2020; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Course||Agric-Economics and Extension|
|Qualification||B. Agric. (B.Sc. (Hons.) B. Tech. (Hons.) B. Agric. Tech.) DVM|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||varies|
|Related courses||Agric-Economics and Extension related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
You must be a science student to study Agric-Economics and Extension in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), s, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Agric-Economics and Extension
The subjects needed to study Agric-Economics and Extension in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Agric-Economics and Extension must include:
- English Language
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- One of Geography, Physics and Economics
- A trade subject
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Agric-Economics and Extension
Knowing JAMB subjects for Agric-Economics and Extension is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
These are JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Agric-Economics and Extension
- Biology/ Agricultural Science
- Mathematics or Physics.
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Agric-Economics and Extension
Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agricultu ral Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics and Health Science.
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Agric-Economics and Extension similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Agric-Economics and Extension in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo (offers the course with the following options) i. Agricultural Economics ii. Agricultural Extension
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi (offers the course as Agric. Economics and Management Tech. with options in 🙂 i. Agric. Economics and Extension ii. Agric. Extension and Communication iii. Agribusiness Management iv. Agrimarketing and Cooperatives)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSUJ)
- Ekiti State University
- University of Uyo
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
Cut-off Mark for Agric-Economics and Extension course
The cut-off mark for Agric-Economics and Extension varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Agric-Economics and Extension is a good course and you can also check the top best Agricultural courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Agric-Economics and Extension is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Agric-Economics and Extension is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under Faculty of Agriculture but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Can a commercial or art student study Agric-Economics and Extension
No! Agric-Economics and Extension is a science course and not suitable for commercial or art student. But if you have required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Agric-Economics and Extension is through GCE.
Is Agric-Economics and Extension a science or social science subject?
Many student ask me this question and this is my answer. Yes, Agric-Economics and Extension is a natural science subject. Want details? checkout what natural science courses is all about and get to know the courses under natural science.
Where can I work with a Degree in Agric-Economics and Extension
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Agric-Economics and Extension. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Agric-Economics and Extension have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Agric Extension and Communication Technology
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Agric Extension Services
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Agric- Extension and Rural Sociology
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Agric Extension and Rural Development
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Agricultural Economics
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Wildlife Management – Under Agriculture
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Soil Science
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Crop Production
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Agricultural Resources Extension
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Animal Production and Health Services