Last updated on October 17, 2019 by The Counselor
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Educational Foundations 2020/2021; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)/B.Ed. (Tech)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||varies|
|Related courses||Educational Foundations related courses|
|Job Availability||Low and Competitive|
This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement to study Educational Foundations. That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), s, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Educational Foundations
The subjects needed to study Educational Foundations in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Educational Foundations must include
- English Language
- The subject of study
- Three relevant subjects.
- A Trade Subject
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Educational Foundations
Knowing JAMB subjects for Educational Foundations is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree!..
These are JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Educational Foundations
- The subject of study
- Two other relevant subjects
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Educational Foundations
Two ‘A’ level passes to include the subject to be offered
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Educational Foundations similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad or within. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Educational Foundations in Nigeria
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU) (with options in: (i) Educational Admin. (ii) Guidance & Counseling (iii) Adult Community Educ. (iv) Primary Educ. with teaching subjects in English Language, Fine and Applied Arts, French, History, Religious Studies, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Geography/Physics, Political Science, Social Studies, Physical Education, Health Education.
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki (offers the course with options in i) Education Administration, Planning and Supervision ii) Guidance and Counselling
- University of Calabar (UNICAL) (offers the course as Education Foundation and Guidance and Counselling)
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (with options in B.A. (Ed) Degree i) English Language ii) French iii) History B.Sc (Ed) Degree (i) Religious Studies (ii) Economics (iii) Educational Management (iv) Geography/Physics (v) Guidance and Counselling (vi) Political Science
Cut-off Mark for Educational Foundations course
The cut-off mark for Educational Foundations varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Educational Foundations is a good course and you can also check the top best Educational courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Educational Foundations is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Educational Foundations is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under Faculty of Education but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Where can I work with a Degree in Educational Foundations
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Educational Foundations. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read Fatherprada’s Career Guide – so that you can have knowledge on how the labour market operate after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Educational Foundations have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Fatherprada tries as much as possible to provide you with correct and up to date information. If you find any pieces of misinformation or require additional details please feel free to use the comment. Follow Fatherprada on Facebook for Guides