Last Updated on
The page contains Lagos State University (LASU) list of courses, the cut-off mark and Admission Requirements for 2019/2020 sessions
If you’re yet to write JAMB and you are here looking for JAMB cut off marks for LASU, that is a bad way to failure….. I personally will not recommend that you read this page. But if you’re seeking for admission requirements that’s nice. You can read on how to pass JAMB here
Checking cut-off LASU before you write JAMB will limit your mindset towards aiming high. Assuming LASU cut off mark is 180, your mind will juggle to score above 180. But If you don’t have that mindset of checking UI cut-off, your mind will aim higher because you really don’t know what you are up against.
This page is for those who have written JAMB and have seen their scores. Now, they want to know if their JAMB score meet the cut-off mark of LASU
The second category of people who should visit this page is those who want to know the admission requirements that is how to gain admission into LASU and the required documents for admission.
To gain admission in Lasu, you have the choice to choose your mode of entry. Lagos State University (Lasu) offers admission through a range of programmes from the full-time certificate, predegree, diploma and degree programmes to part-time evening and weekend degree programmes. The University offers postgraduate studies up to a doctoral level including an MBA programme.
Lagos State University – also known as LASU – was established in 1983 by the enabling Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, for the advancement of learning and establishment of academic excellence. The university caters for a population of over 35,000 students enrolled for full-time.
Lagos State University Lasu has two four Campus. Ojo campus located along Lagos Badagry express road is the main campus and Epe campus located at Ikorodu.
For the record, Epe Campus is the biggest in terms of land mass and home to three departments in LASU’s Faculty of Engineering namely Mechanical Engineering, Electronic and Computer Engineering and Chemical and Polymer Engineering, and the school just recently admitted students for Aerospace Engineering in 2018 JAMB, following the accreditation of the course in LASU.
These are the requirements to gain admission into Lagos State University Lasu
General Entry Requirements: Five (5) credits in:
- The Senior SecoLASUry School Certificate Examination (SSCE);
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE); and
- The National Examination Council Certificate (NECO), which must include English Language and Mathematics and any other three recommended subjects depending on the area of study at a maximum of two sittings.
For Direct Entry, Lagos State University accepts:
- Its own Diploma Certificate
- LASU FouLASUtion Certificate
- NCE Certificate for direct entry admission into the Faculty of Education.
Does LASU accept two sittings?
Except for Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY ONE  sitting… Yes. LASU accept Candidates with two sittings. The candidate must have Five (5) O’ level credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study. Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all Courses in Lagos State University.
These are the required documents for screening to gain admission into Lasu
- O level or A level certificate
- Birth certificate
- Local Government Certificate
- Admission letter
- Acceptance receipt
- Personal data form
These are the list of Faculties in Lagos State University (Lasu)
- Social Sciences
- Management Sciences
- School of Clinical Sciences
- School of Basic Medical Sciences
These are the list of courses offered in Lagos State University (Lasu)
- European Languages (French and Russian)
- English Language
- English Literature
- Linguistics, African and Asian
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of History
- Creative Arts: Visual Arts
- Creative Arts: Theatre Arts
- Creative Arts: Music
- Department of Economics
- Department of Mass Communication and Journalism
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology
- Public and International Affairs
- Transportation Planning and Management
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
- Banking and Finance
- Project Management Technology
- Public Administration
- Jurisprudence and International Law
- Commercial and Industrial law
- Public Law
- Islamic Law
- Private and Property Law
- Legal Studies
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Fisheries
- Department of Botany
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Biology
- Chemical and Polymer Engineering
- Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medicine and Surgery
- Guidance and Counseling
- Adult Education
- Adult Education Management
- Adult Literacy and Non-formal Education
- Mathematics education
- Physics education
- Biology education
- Chemistry education
- Integrated Science education
- Social Studies Education
- Geography Education
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Exercise Physiology
- Sports Administration/Management
- Home Economics Education
- Technology education
- Business Education
- English Education
- English Literature education
- French Education
- Yoruba Education
- Christian Religious Studies
- Islamic Studies Education
- Religion Education
- Music education
- Curriculum Theory
- Educational Administration and Planning
- Educational Psychology
- Philosophy of education
- Sociology of education
What is LASU cut-off mark 2019?
Permit me to quickly explain what cut off mark is and why universities in Nigeria use it as a yardstick for admission.
Cut off mark is a simple English word which means a designated limit beyond which something cannot function or must be terminated. LASU UTME Cut off mark is the required score from you by the university in order to gain admission to study your desired score. Those who sit for JAMB are called UTME candidates. This simple means JAMB is not the only way for you to gain admission into LASU
While JAMB has the power to set cut off marks for universities, though some schools may have an understanding with JAMB to increase or decrease their cut off marks due to personal school policy. Mind you, Post UTME score is not the same with JAMB UTME score. You may pass JAMB and fail POST UTME.
LASU JAMB UTME cut off mark is 180 and may change depending on school policy. This cut off is only applicable to some departmental courses in LASU as some may require you to score above. Most often, competitive courses are usually the ones with higher JAMB cut off marks in other to reduce the entrance and overcrowd while the non-competitive courses follow the default cut off mark.
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook