This page contains 2022 WAEC and JAMB subject combination for Social Science Education, including the List of Nigeria universities offering this course, A level requirements and much more
|Course||Social Science Education|
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
Is Social Science Education a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Social Science Education is a good course in Nigeria though with limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. Social Science teacher salaries in Nigeria range from 25,000 NGN per month to 170,000 NGN per month.
A Social Science Education degree is not competitive and very popular amongst students in secondary school. From our records, 7 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Social Science Education, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Social Science Education and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Social Science Education
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before gaining admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If however, you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Social Science Education are:
- Civic Education
- Trade Subject
- Christian Religious Knowledge
- Any Language
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Social Science Education, don’t give up. You should consider other Social Science Education similar courses or look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read valuable guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Social Science Education
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 200 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Social Science Education. You can still gain admission if you score between 170-190 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Social Science Education is:
- Christian Religious Knowledge
- Economics, Geography/Physics
- English Language
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Social Science Education
- NCE (Social Studies) from recognised colleges.
- Two ‘A’ level passes in relevant subjects
These are the list of Universities offering Social Science Education in Nigeria
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
Social Science Education is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Social Science Education is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under the Faculty of Education but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Special Consideration to study Social Science Education
- University of Ibadan (UI) does not accept Home Economics. Accepts TC II (1967-1981). Also requires 5/6 credits at one/two sittings(s) to include Eng. Lang and other subjects from arts, Soc. Science or Science.
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki requires a credit pass in Mathematics
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) requires a subject or the teaching subject relevant to the Teaching subject. Also requires Mathematics for Economics and Accounting and for Political Science requires Government or History.
- The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) (a) Requires five ‘O’ level credit passes including the English Language, a science subject and the subject to be combined with education. (b) For Social Studies/Education: credit pass in three Social science or Arts subjects is required (c) Credit pass in Mathematics and Economics for Education/Economics. (d) Credit pass in Government for Political science/Education” (e) Credit in Geography, plus any other three subjects and a pass in mathematics for Education/Geography.
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU) requires five O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, and any other three subjects, two of which must be social science subjects in not more than two sittings.
Further Reading on Social Science Education Degree