This page contains 2022 WAEC and JAMB subject combination for Building Technology, including the List of Nigeria universities offering this course, A level requirements and much more
|Qualification||B. Eng., B.Sc., B. Tech.|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
Is Building Technology a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Building Technology is a good course in Nigeria though with limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. Building Technologist salaries in Nigeria range from 240,000 NGN to 700,000 NGN per month
An Building Technology degree is competitive and quite popular amongst science students in secondary school. From our records, 17 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Building Technology, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Building Technology and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Building Technology
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before gaining admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Building Technology are:
- English Language
- Civic Education
- Geography/Further Mathematics
- Technical Drawing
- A Trade subject
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Building Technology, don’t give up. You should consider other Building Technology similar courses or look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read valuable guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Building Technology
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 220 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Building Technology. You can still gain admission if you score between 190-200 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Building Technology is:
List of Universities offering Building Technology in Nigeria
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Covenant University Ota
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU) and
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Bells University of Technology
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
Building Technology is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Building Technology is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Building Technology is under the Faculty of Engineering but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Can a commercial or art student study Building Technology?
No! Building Technology is a pure science course and not suitable for commercial or art student. But if you have required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Building Technology is through GCE.
Special consideration (waiver) for Building Technology
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) – The 5th subject should be one of Technical Drawing, Building Construction or Economics.
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU) accepts any one of Add. Mathematics, Biology, Building Construction and Land Surveying in addition to the listed options.
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY) requires credit in Physics, and any other two (2) subjects from Building Const, Geography, Economics, Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Plumbing & Pipe Fitting/Electrical installation and Maintenance work/Block laying, Brick laying and concrete work, painting and decoration.
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma Chemistry is not compulsory.
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) accepts Holders of HSC, GCE ‘A’ level passes and a minimum of two sittings in Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry or both and credit in at least two subjects passes at ‘O’ level from the following: Building, Construction, Land Surveying, Fine Arts, Technical Drawing, Economics, Additional Mathematics, Geography including English Language.
- Bells University of Technology, Otta requires Five SSCE Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any one from the following:, Biology, Technical Drawing, Geography, Economics, Building Construction..
- Covenant University Ota requires English Language, Mathematics, Physics and additional two credit in the following subjects: Chemistry, Economics, Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Geography, Land Surveying, Building Construction, Biology and Agricultural Science. At least a pass in Chemistry is also required.
- Caleb University, Lagos requires five SSCE credit or its equivalent in Mathematics, English Language, Physics and any two of Building Construction, Technical Drawing, Economics, Biology, Chemistry and Geography.
- Abia State University, Uturu requires five SSCE credit in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any two subjects from Chemistry, Technical Drawing, Geography, Arts and Economics or any NTC relevant subjects.
- Bauchi State University, Gadau requires five SSCE credit in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Any other two subjects from Chemistry, Geography, Economics, Technical Drawing or relevant trade subjects.
- Federal University of Technology, Akure – The 5th subject should be taken from Economics, Geography, Further Mathematics, Building Construction and Technical Drawing.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria requires five ‘0’ level credit in English Language, Mathematics and Physics plus any two of the following: Chemistry, Biology, Fine Arts or Technical Drawing, Economics and Further Mathematics.
Further Reading on Building Technology Degree