WAEC and JAMB Subject for Hospitality and Tourism

Last Updated on


This page contains official 2020/2021 WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Hospitality and Tourism, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more.


CourseHospitality and Tourism
Qualification[B.Sc. (Hons]
Duration3 – 4 Years
SuitabilityArt and Commercial Students
Cut off markVaries
EntranceNon Competitive
Related coursesHospitality and Tourism related courses
Job AvailabilityLow and Competitive


On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Hospitality and Tourism. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.


You must be a Commercial student or an Art student with a good background Commercial subjects for you to study Hospitality and Tourism in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.

That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!


WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Hospitality and Tourism

You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Hospitality and Tourism in Nigeria universities. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Hospitality and Tourism must include:

  1. English Language
  2. Geography
  3. Any three from Arts or Social Science subject with a least a pass in Mathematics
  4. A trade subject

don't know what to study

These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any universities, college or polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Hospitality and Tourism. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study this course, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.


JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Hospitality and Tourism

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Hospitality and Tourism that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME instead of 180 to be on a safe side because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider the College of Education or Polytechnic… Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.

Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Hospitality and Tourism. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Hospitality and Tourism must include:

  1. Geography
  2. Any two other Arts or Social Science subjects


I want you to read this


If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study this course, don’t give up. You should consider other Hospitality and Tourism similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related courses.

You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university

These are the list of Universities offering Hospitality and Tourism in Nigeria

  1. Ekiti State University
  2. Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
  3. University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)


You should read this also

Cut-off Mark for Hospitality and Tourism course

As you can see, more than one University offers Hospitality and Tourism. This means the cut-off mark for Hospitality and Tourism varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Hospitality and Tourism is a good course and you can also check the top best commercial courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.


Hospitality and Tourism is how many years course and under which faculty?

Depending on your mode of entry, Hospitality and Tourism is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Hospitality and Tourism is under the Faculty/School/College of Social and Management Studies but may be under a different faculty in some universities.


Have you read this?

Can a science or art student study Hospitality and Tourism?

Yes! If you are a Science, Commercial or an Art student, you can study Hospitality and Tourism at the university provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.

Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Hospitality and Tourism is through GCE.


Special Consideration

Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Hospitality and Tourism in WAEC. But note this — Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results.

You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Hospitality and Tourism below if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for Hospitality and Tourism had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar….

Special Consideration
Check Hotel and Tourism Management

Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook

See also:

11 thoughts on “WAEC and JAMB Subject for Hospitality and Tourism”

  1. Am a student of uniport 300l and am studying hospitality and tourism management…the subject combination for jamb is English mathematics economic commerce or accounting….its quite easy dear and try to score 200 and above to get the course

  2. I did English language, mathematics, government and economics in jamb. Can i apply for hospitality and tourism management with jamb score 160. Please help out.


Leave a Comment