This page contains official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Banking and Finance, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Banking and Finance
|ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years
|Cut off mark
|High and Competitive
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Banking and Finance. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a commercial student with a good background commercial subjects for you to study Banking and Finance in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Banking and Finance
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Banking and Finance in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The required WAEC subject combination (O level requirement) for Banking and Finance must include:
English Language (not Literature in English) and Mathematics and any three subjects from the following: Economics/Commerce, Business Methods, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English Geography Office Practice Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics, History/Government Typewriting Shorthand
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Banking and Finance. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Banking and Finance, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Banking and Finance
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Banking and Finance that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– English Language is compulsory. If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Banking and Finance. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree!..
Mathematics and any two of Economics, Geography, History, Government, Commerce or Principles of Accounts.
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Banking and Finance, don’t give up. You should consider other Banking and Finance similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Banking and Finance:
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, Ogun State Nigeria
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Zamfara State
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic Damaturu, Yobe State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Fed. Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- Grace Polytechnic, Lagos
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Light House Polytechnic, Edo State
- Nigeria Army Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies, Benue State (NAITES)
- Ogun State Institute of Technology (OGITECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Delta State.
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic
- Our Saviour Institute of Science and Technology (Poly) Enugu State
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Port Harcourt Polytechnic
- Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State
- Temple-Gate Polytechnic, Abia
- Wolex Polytechnic Lagos.
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
Can a science or art student study Banking and Finance?
No! If you are a Science or an Art student, you cannot study Banking and Finance at the polytechnic because it is a pure commercial course which need a good background in commercial subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Banking and Finance in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Banking and Finance below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Banking and Finance
a) Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State. requires five credit passes at two sittings or four credits at one sittings.
b IBDPOLY requires 5 O/L credit passes to include Economics, Mathematics and English Language.
c) FEDPOFFA, Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY), Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State. and FEDPONAM offer the course as Financial Studies
d) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) requires 5 credits at not more than two sittings. Also requires as UTME subject Mathematics, Economics/P. Accts/Commerce.
e) Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH) does not accept lit.-in-Eng. as course requirement.
(f) Port Harcourt Polytechnic and Ramat Polytechnic same as in Banking and Finance.
(g) OTTE does not accept History.
(h) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State requires O/L credit passes in Chemistry, one science subject and does not accept Literature in English, History, Type Writing and Short hand
(i) Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. requires five credit passes at not more than two sittings which must include Mathematics, English Language and three other relevant subjects.
(k) Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH) requires five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings. Economics and Commerce are accepted as different course subject. Literature in English not accepted as course requirement.
l) KWAPOLY does not accept History but accepts credit pass in Statistics.
m) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires five credit passes at not more than two sittings. Also requires as UTME subject Mathematics, Economics, Principles of Accounts and Commerce.
n) Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State does accept History as UTME subject.
o) FED POLY BAUCHI: does not accept History and Geography.
p) Auchi Polytechnic requires that the required number of credits should include Mathematics, English Language, and Economics/Commerce/ Principles of Accounts.
r) Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State accepts only Biology or Agricultural Science. It does not accept History and Lit. in Eng. as course requirement for Banking and Finance.
s) Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, Ogun State Nigeria requires four credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Economics/Commerce, Financial Accounting, Government, Statistics and Geography as course requirement.
t) The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic accepts Civic Education in lieu of Government and requires credit pass in Economics.
u) Osun State Polytechnic, Iree – in addition to the course requirements accepts credit in Civic Education/Government, Data Processing/ Computer Studies/ICT. It also accepts Economics and Commerce as a separate subjects.