Last Updated on
This page contains 2020/2021 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Fishery Technology, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Fishery Technology. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Fishery Technology in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Fishery Technology
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Fishery Technology in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Fishery Technology must include:
Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics and any three of the following: Geography, Food and Nutrition, Economics, Technical Drawing, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Nigerian Language, Home Economics. At least credit passes in English Language and a pass Chemistry are compulsory.
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Fishery Technology. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Fishery Technology, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Fishery Technology
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Fishery Technology that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Fishery Technology. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Fishery Technology must include:
Biology/Agric. Science and two of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Economics
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Fishery Technology, don’t give up. You should consider other Fishery Technology similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Fishery Technology:
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State
- Bauchi State College of Agriculture
- Yobe State College of Agriculture
- College of Agriculture Lafia, Nassarawa State
- Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture, Yandev Benue State.
- Crown Polytechnic, Ekiti State
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology, Oyo State
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
Can a commercial or art student study Fishery Technology?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Fishery Technology at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Fishery Technology in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Fishery Technology below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Fishery Technology
a) Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State and Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. require five credit passes in Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry and any three of Statistics, Geography, Mathematics, Economics/Commerce/Government and Physics. At least a pass in English language is required.
b) Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State –Same as Forestry Technology.
c) Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro requires at least a pass in Chemistry, Mathematics or English Language, Biology and Agricultural Science.
d) FEDANIM-VOM – Same as in Animal Health and Production Technology.
e) Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture, Yandev Benue State. requires Biology and any two of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Economics/Geography as UTME subjects.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 3 Polytechnics offering Geological Technology and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Pharmaceutical Technology and requirements
- 1 Polytechnics offering Music Technology and requirements
- 9 Polytechnics offering Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering/Technology and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Textile Technology and requirements
- 4 Polytechnics offering Polymer Technology and requirements
- 10 Polytechnics offering Chemical Engineering Technology and requirements
- 8 Polytechnics offering Welding and Fabrication Technology and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Dental Technology and requirements
- 1 Polytechnics offering Leather Technology and requirements