Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Marketing, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Marketing. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a commercial student with a good background commercial subjects for you to study Marketing in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Marketing
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Marketing in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Marketing must include:
English Language (not Literature in English) and Mathematics and any three subjects from the following: Economics/Commerce, Business Methods, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English Geography Office Practice Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics, History/Government Typewriting Shorthand
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Marketing. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Marketing, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Marketing
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Marketing that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Marketing. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Marketing must include:
Mathematics and two of Geography, Commerce, Government, Principles of Accounts and Economics.
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Marketing, don’t give up. You should consider other Marketing similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics in Nigeria offering Marketing:
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Benue State Poly, Benue State. (BEN-POLY)
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Heritage Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- Ogun State Institute of Technology (OGITECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Umar Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto
- Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State
- Ramat Polytechnic
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
Can a science or art student study Marketing?
No! If you are a Science or an Art student, you cannot study Marketing at the polytechnic because it is a pure commercial course which need a good background on commercial subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Marketing in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Marketing below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Marketing
Check Business Administration and Management
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 7 Polytechnics offering Purchasing & Supply and subject
- 2 Polytechnics offering Taxation and requirements
- 10 Polytechnics offering Chemical Engineering Technology and requirements
- 16 Polytechnics offering Library and Information Science and subject combination
- 3 Polytechnics offering Dental Technology and requirements
- 41 Polytechnics offering Mass Communication and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Pharmaceutical Technology and requirements
- 4 Polytechnics offering Glass/Ceramics Technology and requirements
- 4 Polytechnics offering Dental Therapy and requirements
- 10 Polytechnics offering Insurance and subject combination