Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Public Administration, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Public Administration. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a commercial student with a good background commercial subjects for you to study Public Administration in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Public Administration
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Public Administration in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Public Administration must include:
English Language (not Literature in English) and Mathematics and any three subjects from the following: Economics/Commerce, Business Methods, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English Geography, Office Practice Government, Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics, History/Government Typewriting Shorthand
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Public Administration. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Public Administration, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Public Administration
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Public Administration that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Public Administration. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Public Administration must include:
Government, History and Economics
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Public Administration, don’t give up. You should consider other Public Administration similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Public Administration:
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abia State College of Health Sciences and Management Technology (ACHTECH)
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State (Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State. )
- Auchi Polytechnic
- College of Administrative and Business Studies, Yobe State (CABSP)
- Crown Polytechnic, Ekiti State
- Dorben Polytechnic
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Global Polytechnic, Ondo State
- Heritage Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Light House Polytechnic, Edo State
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic (NASPOTEC)
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic
- Our Saviour Institute of Science and Technology (Poly) Enugu State
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Umar Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Ramat Polytechnic
- Port Harcourt Polytechnic
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- Sure Foundation Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- Temple-Gate Polytechnic, Abia
- Edo State Institute of Technology and Management, Usen
- Wolex Polytechnic Lagos.
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
Can a science or art student study Public Administration?
No! If you are a Science or an Art student, you cannot study Public Administration at the polytechnic because it is a pure commercial course which need a good background on commercial subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Public Administration in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Public Administration below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Public Administration
a) Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi requires O/L credits in at least four subjects, Eng. Lang. and a pass in Mathematics with any three from Economics, Govt/Hist, CRK/IRK, Accounts, Commerce, Litt-in-English, Bio/Agric. Sci, Health Sci.
b) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY), Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU), Wolex Polytechnic Lagos. and Our Saviour Institute of Science and Technology (Poly) Enugu State require credits in Eng. Lang. and Mathematics.
c) Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State accepts as UTME subjects also Commerce, Accts, Geography, Mathematics, Statistics. CRK/IRK
d) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) requires credit passes in English Language, Economics, Government and a pass in Mathematics.
e) Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. accepts as one of the three other subjects Statistic, CRS, Information Communication Technology and any one of Science subjects.
f) KWAPOLY requires a Credit Pass in one Basic Science Subject as course requirement. It also accepts Credit Pass in History.
g) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) requires Government or History and any two of Economics, Commerce, geography and Mathematics as UTME subjects.
h) College of Administrative and Business Studies, Yobe State (CABSP) accepts Certificate Course of the College or from any recognised institution OR any other qualification recognized by the College Academic Board.
i) Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana requires credit passes in Commerce, Accounts, Geography, Mathematics, Statistics, CRK/IRK and accepts a pass Mathematics.
j) Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi requires English Language, History, Government, and any two of History, Economics, I.R.K./C.R.K. k)Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State accepts only Biology or Agricultural Science. It does not accept History and Lit. in Eng. as course requirement for Public Administration.
l) Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State requires credit passes in English Language, Economics, Government, Geography, Statistics, Accounts, Commerce, Economics, CRS, Information Communication Technology and History. A pass in Mathematics is accepted.
m) The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic requires credit passes in English Language, Economics, Government and a pass in Mathematics.
a) FE FEDPONEK requires Mathematics and any of Geography, Literature in English as UTME subject.
b) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) requires Government or History and any two of Economics, Commerce, Principle of Accounting, Literature in English, Geography, Agricultural Science/Biology, C.R.S./I.R.S., Literature in English.
c) Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja accepts either of the following combinations as UTME subjects:
i. Government/History/Economic ii. Government/Literature/Economic
d) Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State. accepts Government/History, Economics/Commerce, CRK/IRK.
f) Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU) requires Literature in English and Christian Religious Studies, Principles of Account/Commerce.
g) Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana requires Government/History, Economics/Commerce and Mathematics/CRK.
h) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires Mathematics, Economics, Principle of Accounts and any one of: Govt/History/Commerce/Bus. Methods
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- 89 Polytechnics offering Business Administration and Management and requirements
- 10 Polytechnics offering Local Government Studies and requirements
- 12 Polytechnics offering Leisure and Tourism Management
- 47 Polytechnics offering Banking and Finance and requirements
- 41 Polytechnics offering Mass Communication and requirements
- 54 Polytechnics offering Technology and Management and requirements
- 40 Polytechnics offering Urban and Regional Planning and requirements
- 18 Polytechnics offering Art and Design, and the subject combinations
- 91 Polytechnics offering Statistics and requirements
- 23 Polytechnics offering Marketing and requirements