Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Quantity Surveying, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Quantity Surveying. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Quantity Surveying in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Quantity Surveying
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Quantity Surveying in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Quantity Surveying must include:
Mathematics and Physics and any three of the following: Economics/Commerce, Technical Drawing/Fine Arts, Chemistry, Geography, Further Mathematics Woodwork, Biology, Religious Knowledge, Metal Work, And at least a credit pass in English Language is Compulsory. A pass in Art or Technical Drawing will be an advantage
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Quantity Surveying. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Quantity Surveying, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Quantity Surveying
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Quantity Surveying that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Quantity Surveying. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Quantity Surveying must include:
Any three of Physics, Mathematics, Geography, Economics, Biology/Agric. Science
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Quantity Surveying, don’t give up. You should consider other Quantity Surveying similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Quantity Surveying:
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Zamfara State
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Crown Polytechnic, Ekiti State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana Akwa Ibom State
- Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State
- Heritage Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Jigawa State. (KAZAURE)
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Ramat Polytechnic
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
Can a commercial or art student study Quantity Surveying?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Quantity Surveying at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Quantity Surveying in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Quantity Surveying below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Quantity Surveying
a) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry, Economics or Geography and any one from Technical Drawing, Biology/Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics and Building Construction.
b) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) also requires credit pass in one Basic Science subject, but does not accept Commerce as part of s course requirement.
c) Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State. and Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, Ogun State. accept City & Guilds/WAEC Technical Certificate (Ordinary/Advanced).
d) AUCHIPOL requires credits in six subjects at not more than two sittings or five credits at one sittings.
e) GIWAPOLY requires credit in Physics/Chemistry/ Gen. Sci.
f) FEDPOFFA does not accept Bio/Agric. Science.
g) Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH) same as in Building Technology.
h) FIDEI and Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) require at least a pass in English Language and credit passes in Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry and two others from Economics, T/Drawing/Art, Chemistry, Geography, Woodwork, Biology, Building Construction or Religious Knowledge as course requirement. It requires Mathematics, Physics and any one from Economics, Geography or Chemistry as UTME subjects.
i) Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro Same as Agric Engineering.
j) Federal Polytechnic, Bida requires Physics/Chemistry, Mathematics and English Language.
k) Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi requires O/L credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any one from chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Geography, Economics, Tech. Drawing.
l) KWAPOLY accepts Credit Passes in Biology/Agric. Sc., Building Construction, Brick Laying/Block Laying, Concreting, Walls/Floor, Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentry, Gas/Steam Work and Bronze Welding, Cold and Hot Water Supply, Sanitation and Drainage.
(m) Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) requires a pass in English Language.
(n) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State does not accept Further maths ,wood Work, Religious Knowledge, Metal work, Biology, Economic/ commerce and Fine Art.
(o)Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana requires five credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry and any two of the following: Economics, Geography, Biology, technical drawing and Agricultural Science.
(p) Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State requires any three of Physics, Mathematics, Geography, Economics, Biology/Agric. Science as UTME subjects.
(q) Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi requires Physics Mathematics, and one of chemistry, Geography, Economics and Biology as UTME subjects. It requires credit passes Physics and mathematics and two of the following: Further mathematics, Fine Art, Technical drawing, geography, Economics, Biology and Agricultural Science.
r) Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) requires four credits at one sittings or five credits at not more than two sittings to include Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry with at least a pass in English Language. Other subject from Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Agricultural Science, Geography, Economics, Fine Arts, Technical Drawing/ Engineering Drawing and Further Mathematics.
s) OKE-OKUN POLY accepts credit pass in Chemistry or Physics.
i. Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU) requires Economics, Biology/Agric. Science.
ii. Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana accepts any three of Physics, Mathematics, Geography, Economics, Biology/Agricultural Science and Chemistry.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 34 Polytechnics offering Surveying and Geoinformatics and requirement
- 19 Polytechnics offering Forestry Technology and requirements
- 28 Polytechnics offering Hospitality Management and requirements
- 45 Polytechnics offering Architectural Technology and requirements
- 53 Polytechnics offering Estate Management and Valuation and requirements
- 28 Polytechnics offering Food Technology and requirements
- 54 Polytechnic offering Agricultural Technology and requirements
- 26 Polytechnics offering Animal Health and Production Technology and requirements
- 20 Polytechnics offering Fishery Technology and requirements
- 12 Polytechnics offering Leisure and Tourism Management