Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Office Technology and Management, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Course||Office Technology and Management|
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Office Technology and Management. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Office Technology and Management in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Office Technology and Management
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Office Technology and Management in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Office Technology and Management must include:
English Language (not Literature in English) and Mathematics and any three subjects from the following: Economics/Commerce, Business Methods, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English, Geography, Office Practice, Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics, History/Government, Typewriting, Shorthand
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Office Technology and Management. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Office Technology and Management, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Office Technology and Management
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Office Technology and Management that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Office Technology and Management. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Office Technology and Management must include:
Any three of:
- Principles of Accounts.
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Office Technology and Management, don’t give up. You should consider other Office Technology and Management similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Office Technology and Management:
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Zamfara State
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Benue State Poly, Benue State. (BEN-POLY)
- College of Administrative and Business Studies, Yobe State (CABSP)
- Dorben Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana
- Federal Polytechnic, Bali
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic Damaturu, Yobe State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana Akwa Ibom State
- Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- Grace Polytechnic, Lagos
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- The Polytechnic, Ile-Ife, Osun State
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Jigawa State. (KAZAURE)
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos City Polytechnic, Ikeja, Lagos State
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic (NASPOTEC)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Delta State.
- Our Saviour Institute of Science and Technology Enugu State
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Umar Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa,Oyo State. (TIPE)
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
Can a commercial or art student study Office Technology and Management?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Office Technology and Management at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Office Technology and Management in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Office Technology and Management below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Office Technology and Management
a) NBPZ, GIWAPOLY, AKPOLY, do not insist on a pass in Mathematics or a Science Subject.
b) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) requires pass in Mathematics and accepts Economics/Commerce. Also accepts NABTEB certificates in Shorthand, Typewriting, English Language and two other subjects at not more than two sittings.
c) FEDPOIDA does not accept any other Language apart from English Language but a credit pass in Mathematics is compulsory.
d) Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) requires 4 credits at one sittings or 5 credits at two sittings.
e) FEDPONEK requires credit pass in English Language, a Science subject and any three from Economics, Business Methods, literature in English, Commerce, History, Government, Statistics, Geography, CRS, Principle of Accounts/Accounting, Office Practice/Secretarial Duties, Typewriting and Information Communication Technology, Mathematics or any language. At least a pass in Mathematics is compulsory.
f) GIWAPOLY does not insist on a credit in History or a pass in science subject as course requirement.
g) Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State requires credit passes in English Language and any four (4) subjects from course requirement column at not more than 2 sittings.
h) Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro requires at least a pass in Mathematics.
i) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) does not accept any Language other than Eng. Lang. for Secretarial Studies. It does not require a pass in Mathematics and a Science subject as course requirements. It accepts Islamic Studies among optional UTME subject.
j) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State accepts CRS/Islamic Studies as course requirements. It accepts any three of Mathematics, Economics/Commerce, Geography, CRS/Islamic Studies, Accounting and Literature in English as UTME subjects.
(k) Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. does not insist on a pass in a Science subject.
(l) KWAPOLY accepts a Credit Pass in Secretarial Duties.
m) College of Administrative and Business Studies, Yobe State (CABSP) accepts Certificate Course of the College or from any recognised institution OR any other qualification recognized by the College Academic Board.
n) Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State. accepts a pass in Mathematics and does not accept CRS/IRS as either course requirement or UTME subject.
o) Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and one Science subject. There must be five credits in one sittings or seven credits in NOT more than two sittings; in any of Economics, Government, CRK, Commerce, Office Practice, Accounts, Geography, Shorthand, Typewriting.
P) Osun State Polytechnic, Iree accepts CRS/IRS, Yoruba at credit level. It accepts credit passes in Biology/Agricultural Science/Animal Husbandry, Civic Education/Government/History, ICT/Data Processing/Computer Studies, Commerce /Marketing/Economics/Marketing/Economics.
q) Federal Polytechnic, Bali accepts any social science subject as UTME subjects.
r) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, and any four (4) from Economics, Commerce, Bus. Methods, Principles of Accounts, History/Government, Typewriting, Shorthand or CRK/IRK.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 89 Polytechnics offering Business Administration and Management and requirements
- 10 Polytechnics offering Chemical Engineering Technology and requirements
- 28 Polytechnics offering Hospitality Management and requirements
- 46 Polytechnics offering Public Administration and requirements
- 28 Polytechnics offering Food Technology and requirements
- 12 Polytechnics offering Leisure and Tourism Management
- 12 Polytechnics offering Fashion Design and Clothing Technology
- 50 Polytechnics offering Mechanical Engineering Technology and requirements
- 45 Polytechnics offering Architectural Technology and requirements
- 34 Polytechnics offering Agricultural Engineering/Technology and requirements