Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Library and Information Science, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Course||Library and Information Science|
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||Low and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Library and Information Science. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a commercial student with a good background commercial subjects for you to study Library and Information Science in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Library and Information Science
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Library and Information Science in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Library and Information Science must include:
Same as in Mass Communication
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Library and Information Science. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Library and Information Science, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Library and Information Science
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Library and Information Science that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Library and Information Science. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Library and Information Science must include:
Same as in Mass Communication
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Library and Information Science, don’t give up. You should consider other Library and Information Science similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Library and Information Science:
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Jigawa State. (KAZAURE)
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic (NASPOTEC)
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa,Oyo State. (TIPE)
Can a science or art student study Library and Information Science?
No! If you are a Science or an Art student, you cannot study Library and Information Science at the polytechnic because it is a pure commercial course which need a good background on commercial subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Library and Information Science in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Library and Information Science below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Library and Information Science
a) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) requires credits in Eng. Lang., Mathematics plus any other two credits.
b) Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi requires four O/L credit passes in English Language, and any three subject and a pass in Mathematics
(c) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State requires five o level credits in Eng. Language, Mathematics plus any other three from science and social sciences.
(d)Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. credit passes in English Language and four other subjects with passes in Mathematics and one science subjects.
(e)Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State. accepts a pass in Mathematics as course requirement.
(f) Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) also accepts three other credit passes from Civic Education, Tourism, Office Practice, Information and Communication Technology, Data Processing, Computer Studies, Basic Electricity, Islamic Religious Studies, Christian Religious Knowledge and Health Science.
(g)Fed. Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State requires Mathematics, Biology and Economics as UTME subjects.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Polytechnics offering Cartography and Geographic Information System
- 10 Polytechnics offering Insurance and subject combination
- 15 Polytechnics offering Nutrition and Dietetics and subject combination
- 21 Polytechnics offering Health Information Management
- 7 Polytechnics offering Purchasing & Supply and subject
- 23 Polytechnics offering Marketing and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Geological Technology and requirements
- 10 Polytechnics offering Chemical Engineering Technology and requirements
- 20 Courses offered in Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- 2 Polytechnics offering Taxation and requirements