Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Urban and Regional Planning, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Course||Urban and Regional Planning|
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Urban and Regional Planning. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Urban and Regional Planning in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Urban and Regional Planning
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Urban and Regional Planning in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Urban and Regional Planning must include:
Mathematics, Geography and three other subjects from: English Language, Economics/Commerce, Fine Art/Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Agricultural Science, History/Government Business Methods/Bookkeeping and Principles of Accounting One of the three subjects must be a basic science subject. At least a credit pass in English Language is compulsory.
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Urban and Regional Planning. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Urban and Regional Planning, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Urban and Regional Planning
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Urban and Regional Planning that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Urban and Regional Planning. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Urban and Regional Planning must include:
Geography and two other subjects from course requirement.
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Urban and Regional Planning, don’t give up. You should consider other Urban and Regional Planning similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Urban and Regional Planning:
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, Ogun State Nigeria
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Crown Polytechnic, Ekiti State
- Dorben Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic Damaturu, Yobe State.
- Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana Akwa Ibom State
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Jigawa State. (KAZAURE)
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- Nigeria Army Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies, Benue State (NAITES)
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic (NASPOTEC)
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH)
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State
- Temple-Gate Polytechnic, Abia
- Edo State Institute of Technology and Management, Usen
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
Can a commercial or art student study Urban and Regional Planning?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Urban and Regional Planning at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Urban and Regional Planning in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Urban and Regional Planning below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Urban and Regional Planning
a) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) and Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH) require a credit in English Language and Geography.
b) Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State requires a credit pass in English Language.
c) Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, Ogun State. requires four relevant credits at one sittings or five credits at not more than two sittings.
d) LASPOTEC requires credits in English and Mathematics and a pass in any of the following science subjects: 1) Physics 2) Chemistry 3) Biology/Agricultural Science plus any one credit from subjects chosen from: 1) Economics 2) Geography 3) Art/Tech Draw.
g) GIWAPOLY accepts a pass in English Language. Requires Mathematics, Economic/Geography and a Science subject as UTME subject.
h) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any other three subjects from Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Agric Science, Government, Fine Art/Technical Drawing, Commerce, Further Mathematics, History, Business Methods/Bookkeeping/Principles of Accounting.
i) Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti requires credit passes in Mathematics and Geography, a Basic Science subject and one from English Language, Economics/Commerce, Art/Technical Drawing and Statistics and offers the course as Urban and Regional Planning.
j) Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi requires O/L credits in Mathematics, Eng. Lang, Geography and other subject from Economics, Arts, Tech. Drawing, Government/History, Chemistry, Physics, Biology.
k) Osun State Polytechnic, Iree does not accept History and Government as course requirement. It however requires a credit in Geography or Economics.
i) KWAPOLY does not accept Commerce, Business Method, Agric. Science, Government/History and Account but accepts a Credit Pass in Statistics.
m) Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) accepts a pass in English Language.
n) FEDPO-Nek requires credit passes in Mathematics, a Science Subject and any other three subjects
o) Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) requires four credits at one sittings or five credits at not more than two sittings to include Mathematics, English language and one science subject. Other subject from Chemistry, Physics, Biology/ Agricultural Science, Geography Economics/Commerce, Fine Arts/Technical Drawing, Government/History, Religious Knowledge, Further Mathematics and Nigerian Language.
a) Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. accepts Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
b) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) requires Mathematics, Geography and any one of Economics/Commerce, Biology/Agricultural Science, Fine Arts/Technical Drawing, Chemistry, Physics or History/Government.
c) Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State accepts Economics in lieu of Geography.
d) Fed. Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State requires Mathematics, Geography/Economics and any one subject from Sciences or Fine Art
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 12 Polytechnics offering Leisure and Tourism Management
- 28 Polytechnics offering Hospitality Management and requirements
- 89 Polytechnics offering Business Administration and Management and requirements
- 19 Polytechnics offering Forestry Technology and requirements
- 34 Polytechnics offering Surveying and Geoinformatics and requirement
- 28 Polytechnics offering Food Technology and requirements
- 45 Polytechnics offering Architectural Technology and requirements
- 43 Polytechnics offering Quantity Surveying and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Geological Technology and requirements
- 23 Courses offered in Federal Polytechnic Idah and requirements