Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Architectural Technology, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Architectural Technology. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Architectural Technology in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Architectural Technology
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Architectural Technology in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Architectural Technology must include:
Mathematics, Physics, English Language and any two subjects from the following: Biology, Fine Art, Chemistry, History English Language, Geography, Further Mathematics, Economics/Commerce, Religious Knowledge, Technical Drawing, Business Method. A pass in Fine Art or Technical Drawing will be an advantage.
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Architectural Technology. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Architectural Technology, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Architectural Technology
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Architectural Technology that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Architectural Technology. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Architectural Technology must include:
- any two of Physics, Chemistry and Technical Drawing
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Architectural Technology, don’t give up. You should consider other Architectural Technology similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Architectural Technology:
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Zamfara State
- Auchi Polytechnic
- College of Agriculture Lafia, Nassarawa State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Fed. Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana Akwa Ibom State
- Ogun State Institute of Technology (OGITECH)
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Jigawa State. (KAZAURE)
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic (NASPOTEC)
- Nigeria Army Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies, Benue State (NAITES)
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH)
- Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa,Oyo State. (TIPE)
- Wolex Polytechnic Lagos.
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
Can a commercial or art student study Architectural Technology?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Architectural Technology at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Architectural Technology in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Architectural Technology below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Architectural Technology
a) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires five credit passes at not more than two sittings which must include Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and any one (1) of the following subjects Biology, Fine Art, Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, History, Business Methods.
b) Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) requires five credits in not more than two sittings or four credits at a sittings.
c) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) requires five credit Passes at not more than two sittings in English Language, Mathematics, Physic and two other subjects from Chemistry, Fine Art, Geography, Economics Technical Drawing, Biology/Agricultural Science, Metal-Work/Woodwork and Building Construction.
d) Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH) requires credit pass in English Language and does not accept Religious Knowledge and History. e) Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti accepts Commerce/Economics, Fine Art, History/Government as course requirement.
f) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State does not accept History, Further Math, Religious knowledge but accept relevant Technical components.
g) Ramat Polytechnic requires two other credit passes from Geography, Technical Drawing, Chemistry and Biology.
f) Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) requires five credit passes at not more than two sittings to include Physics, Mathematics, English Language and two other subjects from Chemistry, Fine Art, Geography, Economics, Building Construction and Land Surveying, Technical Drawing and Metal Work/Wood Work.
g) Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. requires five credit passes in Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry and any three other subjects from those listed in column 2.
h) Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State accepts Geography as UTME subject.
i) Kwara State Polytechnic accepts Credit Passes in Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block Laying, Concreting, Walls, Floors, and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery and Carpentry as requirements. It does not accept Commerce as a requirement for Architectural Technology.
j) FED POLY BAUCHI: Accepts Mathematics, Physics, and any two of T/Drawing, Fine Art, Geography.
k) Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Jigawa State. (KAZAURE) does not accept History and Religious Knowledge as Course requirements.
l) Akwa-Ibom State Polytechnic (AKPOLY) accepts Mathematics, Physics and any of Economics, Geography or Physics as UTME subjects.
i) Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU) accepts Geography
.ii) Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State. accepts Physics, Mathematics and any one of Geography or Chemistry.
iii) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) requires Mathematics, Physics and any of Chemistry, Geography, Biology, Technical Drawing or Fine Art.
iv) Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana requires Mathematics, Physics and any of the Chemistry, Technical Drawing or Geography
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 19 Polytechnics offering Forestry Technology and requirements
- 4 Polytechnics offering Glass/Ceramics Technology and requirements
- 34 Polytechnics offering Agricultural Engineering/Technology and requirements
- 12 Polytechnics offering Fashion Design and Clothing Technology
- 7 Polytechnics offering Printing Technology and requirements
- 26 Polytechnics offering Animal Health and Production Technology and requirements
- 49 Polytechnics offering Civil Engineering Technology and requirements
- 10 Polytechnics offering Chemical Engineering Technology and requirements
- 7 Polytechnics offering Mechatronics Engineering Technology and requirements
- 9 Polytechnics offering Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering/Technology and requirements