Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Food Science and Technology 2019/2020; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Course||Food Science and Technology|
|Qualification||B. Agric. (B.Sc. (Hons.) B. Tech. (Hons.) B. Agric. Tech.) DVM|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||varies|
|Related courses||Food Science and Technology related courses|
|Job Availability||Low and Competitive|
You must be a science student to study Food Science and Technology in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), s, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Food Science and Technology
The subjects needed to study Food Science and Technology in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Food Science and Technology must include:
- English Language
- Biology/Agric. Science
- Physics, Basic Catering and Food Services, Bakery and Confectionaries, Hotel & Catering Crafty course (Cookery), Hotel & Catering Craft Course (Food /Drinks Services) and Basic Electricity
- A trade subject
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Food Science and Technology
Knowing JAMB subjects for Food Science and Technology is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
These are JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Food Science and Technology
- Mathematics/ Physics
- Agric Science
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Food Science and Technology
Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Physics/Agric Science/Botany/Zoology
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Food Science and Technology similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad or within. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Food Science and Technology in Nigeria
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Crawford University Igbesa
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Kano University of Science & Technology, Wudil (KUST)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo.
Cut-off Mark for Food Science and Technology course
The cut-off mark for Food Science and Technology varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Food Science and Technology is a good course and you can also check the top best Agricultural courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Food Science and Technology is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Food Science and Technology is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under Faculty of Agriculture but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Can a commercial or art student study Food Science and Technology
No! Food Science and Technology is a science course and not suitable for commercial or art student. But if you have required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Food Science and Technology is through GCE.
Where can I work with a Degree in Food Science and Technology
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Food Science and Technology. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read Fatherprada’s Career Guide – so that you can have knowledge on how the labour market operate after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Food Science and Technology have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Agricultural Economics
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Agric Extension Services
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Fisheries – Under Agriculture
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Home Science and Management
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Food Science and Business – Under Agriculture
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Home Economics – under Agriculture
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Food Science
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Agric-Economics and Extension
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Wildlife Management – Under Agriculture
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Soil Science