O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Home Economics Education Education 2023; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Course||Home Economics Education Education|
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
Is Home Economics Education: a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Home Economics Education: is a good course in Nigeria with limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. The average net salary for Home Economics Education Teacher in Nigeria is ₦59K
A Home Economics Education: degree is not competitive and very popular amongst science and commercial students in secondary school. From our records, 33 Nigerian institutions offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Home Economics Education:, we also expect you to consider the total number of students currently studying Home Economics Education: and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Home Economics Education:
In WAEC, NECO or GCE, you are expected to register a maximum of 9 subjects for a Home Economics Education: degree. You can register for less than 9 subjects if you are resitting.
However, you must have at least 5 credit passes amongst the 9 subjects listed below before you can gain admission into any Nigerian university to study for a Home Economics Education: degree.
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before gaining admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If however, you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Home Economics Education: are:
- Civic Education
- Trade Subject
- Food and Nutrition
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- Any Nigerian Language
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Home Economics Education:, don’t give up. You should consider other Home Economics Education: similar courses or look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read valuable guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Home Economics Education:
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 180 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Home Economics Education:. You can still gain admission if you score between 160-170 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Home Economics Education: are:
- Agricultural Science/Food and Nutrition
These are the list of colleges and universities offering Home Economics Education Education in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Adeyemi College of Education
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- College of Education, Akwanga
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Federal College of Education, Akoka
- Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education Owerri, Imo State (EDALV-DEG)
- Federal College of Education (Technical) Asaba
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka
- Federal College of Education Omoku, River State
- Federal College of Education (Technical) Umunze
- Federal College of Education Zaria
- Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Gombe
- Federal College of Education, Kontagora
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni
- College of Education, Ikere Ekiti
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- College of Education, Katsina-Ala, Benue State.
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Moforiji
- Niger State College of Education
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education in Nsugbe, Anambra State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
- College of Education, Warri (COEWARRI)
- Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH)
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
Home Economics Education Education is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Home Economics Education Education is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under the Faculty of Education
Special Consideration to study Home Economics Education Education
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) requires at least a pass in Chemistry and a credit in Biology/Agric Science.
- Adeyemi College of Education requires credits in Chemistry, Mathematics, and any two of the following: Food & Nutrition, Home Economics Education/Home Mgt., Clothing and Textile, Agric Science/Biology.
- EDALV requires credits in Biology and Chemistry.
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni requires at least one Science subject.
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) requires credit in Biology, Home Economics Education and at least a pass in Mathematics/Chemistry.
- The University of Uyo requires a credit in Chemistry.
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) requires credit in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry and any two of Economics, Biology, Physics, Food & Nutrition/Home Management, Clothing and Textile, Garment Making/Dyeing & Bleaching/Catering Craft Practice.
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki requires five `O` level credits in English, Mathematics, and any three of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Food and Nutrition, Clothing and textile, and Home Management.
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY) requires TC Grade II or Five ‘O’ level credits in English, Mathematics., Home Economics Education and any two of Mgt, Biology, Chemistry, and Clothing and Textiles
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria requires Five ‘O’ level credits Mathematics/English Language/Home Economics Education, Biology, Geography, Physics/Chemistry. Old Grade II Five Passes including Arithmetic/English/Domestic Science. New Grade II Teachers Certificate Five Credits including English, Mathematics, Home Economics Education. NB: Note one (1) Home Economics Education subject is required i.e Foods and Nutrition or Home Management or Textile and Clothing.
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) requires five ‘O’ level credits which must include ANY TWO of the following: Home Management, Clothing and Textiles, Food and Nutrition, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Agricultural Science, Economics, Cosmetology, Garment Making and Catering Craft at WASC/ WASSCE/GCE ‘O’ level / /NABTEB/NECO plus University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) minimum entry requirement.
- Abia State University, Uturu requires Five SSCE credit to include English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Chemistry and any two other subjects
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED) requires Five GCE ‘O’ level or NTC/ NBC Credits at one sittings or six GCE ‘O’ level/NTC or NBC credits at two sittings in-including English Language, Mathematics and any other subject from Food & Nutrition, Home Management, Clothing & Textile, Agric Science, Biology, Economics, Health Education and Chemistry. A pass in Chemistry is required.
- EDOMOK requires five ‘O’ level credits which must include English Language and any two of the following Home Management, Clothing and Textile, Food and Nutrition, Biology, Chemistry, Agricultural Science and Economics at WASC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB ‘O’ level.
- Benue State University, Makurdi requires Credits in English, Mathematics, Biology and any 2 of the following subjects HomeManagement, Clothing and textiles Food and Nutrition, Chemistry, Agricultural Science and Economics