Last Updated on
This page contains official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Modern Languages, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more…
You must be a Commercial student or Art with a good background in Commercial subjects for you to study this course in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement. That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Modern Languages
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Modern Languages in Nigeria universities.
The required subject combination (o level requirement for Modern Languages) must include
- French for French programme.
- Two ‘A’ level passes or NCE in any subjects.For programme A, 5 SSCE credit including English Language and French.
For Programme B, credit in English Language and 4 other subjects
The above WAEC subject combination is also applicable to other O’level examinations such as NECO and GCE. So now that you know the compulsory O level requirement to study Modern Languages, let also look at UTME and Direct requirements and course descriptions.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Modern Languages
Prepare yourself well so you can score above 200 in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of this score may deny you Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic…
Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to register in jamb) to study Modern Languages are
Programme A, French and any other two subjects.
Programme B, any three subjects.
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Modern Languages
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes or NCE including French for French programme.
(ii) Two ‘A’ level passes or NCE in any subjects
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) offers Modern Languages options in: French, German & Russian
PROGRAMME A: Four Year Degree Programme in French/German & French/ Russian.
PROGRAMME B: Single Hons Degree Programme in French, German & Russian with Special Remedial Courses.
Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Like Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Chinese
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Nigerian Languages
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Languages and Literature
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Languages and Linguistics
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for European and Nigerian Languages
- Study Linguistics, Igbo and other African Languages
- Requirement to Study Linguistics and African Languages
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for German
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject Combinations for French
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for French, German or Russian