This page contains 2022 WAEC and JAMB subject combinations (admission requirements) for Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more.
|Course||Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies|
|Qualification||B.A. B.Sc. (Hons.)|
|How many years||3 – 4 Years|
|Who can study this course||Art and commercial student|
Is Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
No, Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies is not a good course in Nigeria and also has limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies graduates typically earn between ₦35,000 and ₦130,000 net per month
Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies course is not competitive and quite popular amongst students in secondary school. From our records, 26 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combinations For Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies
However, you must have at least 5 credit passes amongst the 9 subjects listed below before you can gain admission into any Nigerian university to study for a Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies degree.
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before gaining admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies are:
- Literature in English
- English Language
- Civic Education
- A trade subject
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies, don’t give up. You should consider other Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies similar courses or look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read valuable guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 180 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies. You can still gain admission if you score between 160-170 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies is:
- English Language
- Literature in English
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
List of Universities offering Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies in Nigeria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Anchor University Ayobo Lagos State
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Bowen University, Iwo
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Clifford University Owerrinta Abia State
- Dominican University Ibadan Oyo State
- Edo University Iyamo
- Ekiti State University
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSUJ)
- Hezekiah University, Umudi
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
Cut-off Mark for Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies course
As you can see, more than one University offers Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies. This means the cut-off mark for Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies will vary. However, from aggregate, the cut off mark is 180. You can still gain admission if you score between 160-170 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher.
Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies is how many years course?
In Nigeria, if you gain admission to study a Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies degree course at the university through JAMB UTME, you will study Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies for four years. If you gain admission through direct entry, you will study this course for three years. And of course, there is room for more years if you have an extension; the aftermath of carryover courses.
Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies is under which faculty in Nigeria?
According to JAMB, a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions, Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies is under the Faculty/School/College of Art but may also be under a different faculty in some universities in Nigeria.
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry-over Courses
Can a science or commercial student study Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies?
Yes! If you are a science or a commercial student, you can study Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies at the university provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies is through GCE.
Special Consideration (waiver) to study Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU) requires Five ‘O’ Level credit passes including English Language.
- University of Ibadan (UI) requires 5 or 6 ‘O’ level credit passes at one/two sittings to include English Language, CRK and any other subject in Arts or Social Science.
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU) accepts only subjects from Arts or Social Science.
- Ekiti State University requires only Arts subjects.
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSUJ) accepts a pass in Mathematics.
Further reading on Christian Religious Knowledge: