Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Banking/Finance, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more
|Course||Banking/Finance Under Administration|
|Qualification||B.Sc (Hons.) and B.A. (Hons)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Suitability||Commercial and Art Students|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Banking/Finance related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Banking/Finance. If you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a Commercial student or an Art student with a good background Commercial subjects for you to study Banking/Finance in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Banking/Finance
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Banking/Finance in Nigeria universities. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Banking/Finance must include:
- English Language
- Any other relevant subjects.
- A trade subject
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any universities, college or polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Banking/Finance. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Banking/Finance, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Banking/Finance
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Banking/Finance that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME instead of 180 to be on a safe side because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider the College of Education or Polytechnic… Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Banking/Finance. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Banking/Finance must include:
- Plus Government or Geography
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Banking/Finance
If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Banking/Finance under faculty of administration, you are expected to have Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Accounting, Economics, Management, Mathematics, Geography, and Statistics
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Banking/Finance, don’t give up. You should consider other Banking/Finance similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
These are the list of Universities offering Banking/Finance in Nigeria
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Eastern Palm University Ogboko, Imo State
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Evangel University, Akaeze
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Madonna University, Okija
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Paul University, Awka – Anambra State
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Tansian University, Umunya
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Ekiti State University
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State
- Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State
I know some of you will start searching for the best university to study Banking/Finance under administration. Listen, there is no such thing as best universities or top universities to study Banking/Finance in Nigeria. Nobody has that information. Although recommendation is allowed, don’t be decieve by the word “best”. Read why you should stop looking for the best University in Nigeria
Course Description for Banking/Finance:
Banking/Finance course equip students with the various knowledge to function effectively in a financial institution. Topics like banking, financial intermediation, asset and liability management, financial decision making, financial markets and institutions, and accounting are covered..
You should read this also
- Common Problems Students Face in University
- The Pros and Cons of Living Off-Campus or On-Campus
- How to set up a timetable for study
Cut-off Mark for Banking/Finance course
As you can see, more than one University offers Banking/Finance. This means the cut-off mark for Banking/Finance varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Banking/Finance is a good course and you can also check the top best commercial courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Banking/Finance is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Banking/Finance is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Banking/Finance is under the Faculty of Administration but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry over Courses
Can a science or art student study Banking/Finance?
Yes! If you are a science, art or commercial student, you can comfortably study Banking/Finance at the university provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Banking/Finance is through GCE.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Banking/Finance in WAEC. But note this — Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results.
You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Banking/Finance below if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for Banking/Finance had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar….
The SSCE O level and A-level subject combination (requirements) had been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar….
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Finance – Under Administration
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Personnel Management
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Marketing – Under Administration
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Secretarial Administration
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Actuarial Science – Under Administration
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Insurance – Under Administration
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Business Administration – Under Administration
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Economics – Under Administration
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Accounting/Accountancy
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Mass Communication – Under Administration