Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Business Management, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more
|Course||Business Management under Administration|
|Qualification||B.Sc (Hons.) and B.A. (Hons)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Suitability||Commercial and Art Students|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Business Management related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Business Mgt. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a Commercial student or an Art student with a good background Commercial subjects for you to study Business Management in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Business Management
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Business Management in Nigeria universities. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Business Management must include:include:
- English Language
- Plus any two of Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Govt, Geog, and Statistics
- A trade subject.
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any universities, college or polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Business Management. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Business Management, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Business Management
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Business Management that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME instead of 180 to be on a safe side because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider the College of Education or Polytechnic… Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Business Management. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Business Management must include:
- Plus one other subject
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Business Management
If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Business Management under faculty of administration, you are expected to have two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography or Statistics
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Business Management, don’t give up. You should consider other Business Management similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
These are the list of Universities offering Business Management under administration in Nigeria
- The American University of Nigeria, Yola (AUN)
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Eastern Palm University Ogboko, Imo State
- Evangel University, Akaeze
- Federal University, Dustin-Ma, Katsina (FUDUSOK)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Madonna University, Okija
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
- Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State
I know some of you will start searching for the best university to study Business Management under administration. Listen, there is no such thing as best universities or top universities to study Business Management in Nigeria. Nobody has that information. Although recommendations are allowed, don’t be deceived by the word “best”. Read why you should stop looking for the best University in Nigeria
You should read this also
- Common Problems Students Face in University
- The Pros and Cons of Living Off-Campus or On-Campus
- How to set up a timetable for study
Cut-off Mark for Business Management course
As you can see, more than one University offers Business Management under Administration. This means the cut-off mark for Business Management varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Business Management is a good course and you can also check the top best commercial courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Business Management is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Business Management is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Business Management is under the Faculty of Administration but may be under a different faculty in some universities. Check Business Management under Social Science.
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry over Courses
Can a science or art student study Business Management?
Yes! If you are a science, art or commercial student, you can comfortably study Business Management at the university provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Business Management is through GCE.
Is Business Management a Social science or Art subject?
Many students ask this question… If Business Management is a science, art or social science subject. Right now, I’ll give you a straight answer. The study of Business Management crosses the boundaries between the social sciences and Art/humanities, depending on one’s objectives and career prospect. In Nigeria for example, Business Management course is studied under the faculty of Administration. Read more on Social science subjects and art and humanities subjects for better explanations
What is Business Management all about?
It is not enough to know the required subject combination in O level or A level – Admission requirement to study Business Management – That’s the mistake most students make… You ought to know what Business Management course is all about and this is the main purpose for this page.
When you look all around your surroundings, it is business everywhere – Every human society has some sort of business activities but what does a business need in order to thrive How do you target your market, recruit the right people, deliver efficiently, and control cash flow Studying Business Management gives you an understanding of the modern business world, providing you with a solid skill set that is useful in working life, such as time management and teamwork and of course, excellent career prospects because it boosts your CV and your confidence.
Since industry and government now emphasize a professional approach to management, indicating the complexity of today’s decision-making processes. A degree in Business Management prepares you for management careers or advanced study. This course provides you with a wide range of opportunities to develop your business skills. You learn how to analyse business problems and policies, and how to find solutions. True be told – Business Management is theoretical but thanks to Industrial work placement. You can apply this theoretical approach to real live business activities.
Why the study of Business Management
Every student have a reason or motive behind the decision to study any course but if you choose to study Business Management, you will be able to;
- Analyse, integrate and communicate complex information to facilitate management decision making.
- Collect, organize, and use data to meet organizational needs.
- Select appropriate topics for projects that reflect knowledge of the field of study and the appropriate audiences.
- Utilize knowledge base from coursework to analyse complex situations and problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to think clearly, analyse facts to draw conclusions, to support decision making.
- Apply theory and practice into solving organizational problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to translate knowledge into complex business environments.
- Demonstrate the ability to transition from planning to implementation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in various methods of Business Communications, including formal/informal, informative/persuasive, etc
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of terminology, theories, and practices in the major subject areas of Business, including Accounting, Law, Marketing, Human Resources, Management, Finance, Operations, Information Technology, Communications, Quantitative and Management.
Note: At the core of the Business Management coursework, there is an emphasis on leadership, entrepreneurial thinking and strategic vision, three of the most prized assets of any successful business leader and Also Personal Finance; Economic and financial strategies used to accumulate, manage and protect personal assets. Emphasizing income generation, expense reduction, investment selection, and wealth creation to meet future needs and goals. Topics include investing (mutual funds, stocks, etc.), annuities, deferred savings, insurance, retirement planning, estate planning, and real estate finance.
In fact, students of Business Management are prepared to understand the “big picture” rather than focus on highly specialized, often rapidly changing areas of study. Such preparation is especially crucial for those who see themselves as leaders or who see themselves working in the world of business. Business Management requires an ability to think and act on one’s own with a confidence that only comes from an ability to see and appreciate what most highly focused specialists cannot.
These are the major courses under Business Management
- Introductory Accounting
- Managerial/Cost Accounting
- Personal Finance
- Introduction to Business
- Business Law
- Principles of Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Principles of Management
- Business Communications and Research
- Corporate Finance
- Management Science
- Strategic Planning
Where can a Business Management graduate work in Nigeria?
If you know what Business Management is all about without a glimpse of what you can do with the degree is like a Superman who can’t fly. With money and trade making the world go around, the possibilities for a business management graduate are almost endless.
Your CV/ Resume can penetrate the terrace of any business-oriented establishment. The relationship between business and information technology is a strong one, if you have some experience in the everyday use of computer then a position in a software/ I.T firm is secured. Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Business analyst
- Supply chain manager
- Business development manager
- Chartered management accountant
- Corporate investment banker
- Data analyst
- Human resources officer
- Logistics and distribution manager
- Risk manager
- Forensic accountant
- Insurance underwriter
- Management consultant
- Marketing executive
- Retail manager
- Sales executive
- Project manager
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Business Management in WAEC. But note this — Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results.
You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Business Management below if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for Business Management had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar….
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB Subjects for Management Studies
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Secretarial Administration
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Personnel Management
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Office and Information Management
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Insurance and Risk Management
- Study Cooperative Economics and Management
- Industrial Relations and Human Resources Management
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management – Under Administration
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Finance – Under Administration
- Study Hospitality and Tourism Management – Under Administration