This page contains 2024 WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Cooperative and Rural Development, including the list of Nigeria universities offering this course, A level requirements and much more


CourseCooperative and Rural Development
QualificationB.Sc (Hons.) and B.A. (Hons)
Duration3 – 4 Years
SuitabilityCommercial and Art Students

Is Cooperative and Rural Development a good course in Nigeria?

Absolutely. Cooperative and Rural Development is a good course and also one of the newest degrees in the world with limited job roles. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. The salary range for people working in Nigeria in the Cooperative and Rural Development field is typically from 50,000 NGN to 205,217 NGN.

Cooperative and Rural Development is less competitive and popular amongst commercial students in secondary school. From our records, 4 Nigerian universities offer this degree course though the degree name may be slightly different.

So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Cooperative and Rural Development, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Cooperative and Rural Development and the employment rate as mentioned below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.

We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore it.


WAEC Subject Combination For Cooperative and Rural Development

In WAEC, NECO or GCE, you are expected to register a maximum of 9 subjects for a Cooperative and Rural Development degree. You can register for less than 9 subjects if you are resitting.

However, you must have at least 5 credit passes amongst the 9 subjects listed below before you can gain admission into any Nigerian university to study for a Cooperative and Rural Development degree.

Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before you can gain admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.

If however, you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Cooperative and Rural Development are:

  • Mathematics
  • English
  • Civic Education 
  • Trade Subject 
  • Economics
  • Accounting
  • Commerce
  • Government
  • Any Nigerian Language


If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Cooperative and Rural Development, don’t give up. You should consider other Cooperative and Rural Development similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.

You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university

JAMB subject combination for Cooperative and Rural Development

For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. Moreso, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.

You should score 180 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Cooperative and Rural Development Degree. You can still gain admission if you score between 150-170 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.

The 4 JAMB subject combination for Cooperative and Rural Development are:

  • English
  • Economics
  • Mathematics
  • Accounting/Commerce


Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Cooperative and Rural Development

If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Cooperative and Rural Development under the faculty of administration, you are expected to have
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes.
(ii) HND in relevant fields.
(iii) Diploma/ Certificate in Cooperatives or Community Studies.

I want you to read this


These are the list of Universities offering Cooperative and Rural Development in Nigeria

  1. National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) (offer as Cooperative Management)
  2. Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
  3. University of Nigeria Nsukka
  4. Ekiti State University (EKSU)

Admission Rate:

Public Administration Degree has a 100% admission rate.

Estimated number of students currently studying Public Administration in Nigerian Universities is 1,250
Public Administration has 21% employment rate in Nigeria

You should read this also


Cooperative and Rural Development is how many years course and under which faculty?

Depending on your mode of entry, Cooperative and Rural Development is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Cooperative and Rural Development is under the Faculty of Administration but may be under a different faculty in some universities.

Have you read this?

Can a science or art student study Cooperative and Rural Development?

Yes! If you are a science, art or commercial student, you can comfortably study Cooperative and Rural Development at the university provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.

Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Cooperative and Rural Development is through GCE.


Further reading on Cooperative and Rural Development:

Hey! Thanks for reading WAEC and JAMB Subject for Cooperative and Rural Development. If you like what you just read, give us a follow on Twitter using the button below and if you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below. You can scroll down to see more articles that will interest you. 

Looking for something? Use the search box below.

1 thought on “WAEC and JAMB Subject for Cooperative and Rural Development”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *