Last updated on October 17, 2019 by The Counselor
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Physical and Health Education 2020/2021; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Course||Physical and Health Education|
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)/B.Ed. (Tech)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||varies|
|Related courses||Physical and Health Education related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement to study Physical and Health Education. That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), s, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Physical and Health Education
The subjects needed to study Physical and Health Education in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Physical and Health Education must include
- English Language
- Biology or its equivalent.
- A Trade Subject
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Physical and Health Education
Knowing JAMB subjects for Physical and Health Education is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree!..
These are JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Physical and Health Education
- Any two relevant subjects
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Physical and Health Education
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes in any of Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
(ii) NCE (merit) in Physical Education and credit in Arithmetical process or Mathematics.
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Physical and Health Education similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad or within. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Physical and Health Education in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (options in: i. Health Education ii. Physical Education
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Adeyemi College of Education
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo State
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT) (options in: i. Health Education ii. Physical Education
- Federal College of Education,Katsina
- Federal College of Education, Kontagora
- Federal College of Education, Pankshin
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education in Nsugbe, Anambra State
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Moforiji
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Osun State College of Education Ilesa
- Ekiti State University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- College of Education, Warri (COEWARRI)
- College Of Education Zing Taraba State
Cut-off Mark for Physical and Health Education course
The cut-off mark for Physical and Health Education varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Physical and Health Education is a good course and you can also check the top best Educational courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Physical and Health Education is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Physical and Health Education is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under Faculty of Education but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Where can I work with a Degree in Physical and Health Education
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Physical and Health Education. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read Fatherprada’s Career Guide – so that you can have knowledge on how the labour market operate after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Physical and Health Education have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Fatherprada tries as much as possible to provide you with correct and up to date information. If you find any pieces of misinformation or require additional details please feel free to use the comment.