Last Updated on
This page contains official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Theater Arts, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more…
You must be a Commercial student or Art with a good background in Commercial subjects for you to study this course in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Theater Arts
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Theater Arts in Nigeria universities.
The required subject combination (o level requirement for Theater Arts) must include:
The above WAEC subject combination is also applicable to other O’level examinations such as NECO and GCE. So now that you know the compulsory O level requirement to study Theater Arts, let also look at UTME and Direct requirements and course descriptions.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Theater Arts
Prepare yourself well so you can score above 200 in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of this score may deny you Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic…
Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to register in jamb) to study Theater Arts are
- Lit. in English
- Two other relevant subjects
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Theater Arts
Two ‘A’ level passes in Arts, Social Science or Science subjects.
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
List of Universities in Nigeria offering Theater Arts include:
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Ekiti State University
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State (FULAFIA)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ibadan (UI) Click to read conditions
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU)
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo
Course description: Any students who want to study theatre art degree programme are usually required to audition in most university. This unique program is focused on contemporary theatre-making practices and is designed to provide the multi-talented performer-entrepreneur with the environment and tools needed to create, develop and produce innovative, imaginative, and thought-provoking theatre.
Theatre art degree programme introduces students to a major form of literature and Theater Arts, thereby developing a familiarity with one of the greatest cultural heritage and an understanding of human behaviour and civilization as it is reflected through the ages.
One good thing about Theatre Arts degree course is that it uniquely shapes a student’s perceptions about life into an active experience. Because this process encourages critical thought and discussion, the degree provides a singular and important aspect of a liberal arts education through its production season and coursework.
Viewed as a practical extension of the department’s curriculum, plays are produced in an auditorium specifically designed for theatre art students. This auditorium is like a laboratory where students learn to form creative expressions as well as to evaluate and to critique them.
Moreover, the degree in Theatre Arts helps the general liberal arts student develop reasoned standards of criticism and an understanding of the intimate correlation between the theatre and the society which it reflects while preparing graduates for successful careers in theatre as well as other fields of interest.
Courses under theatre arts provide a more detailed and specialized study of the major components of theatrical endeavour, allowing opportunities for the practical application of coursework in the productions staged at the theatre. In many cases, the department of theatre arts helps to prepare students with professional aspirations as either artists or teachers in their specialized area of interest
Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar
Like Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Theater and Media Arts
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Theater and Film Studies
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Drama/Dramatic/Performing Art
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Yoruba and Communication Arts
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Fine Art / Fine and Applied Arts
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Performing Arts
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for English and International Studies
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Communication Arts
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Creative Arts
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Communication and Language Arts