This page contains 2020/2021 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Business Administration, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more
|Qualification||B.Sc (Hons.) and B.A. (Hons)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Suitability||Commercial and Art Students|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Business Administration related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Business Administration. If you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a Commercial student or an Art student with a good background Commercial subjects for you to study Business Administration in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
If you want to study this course, also read this 👇
- Business Administration – Under Social Science
- Careers in Business Administration
- Business Administration related courses
- 100, 200, 300 and 400 Level Courses under Business Administration
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore it.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Business Administration
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Business Administration in Nigeria universities. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE.
These are the subject combination for Business Administration in WAEC, NECO or GCE:
- English Language
- Civic Education
- Nigerian Langauge
- A trade subject
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any universities, college or polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Business Administration. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Business Administration, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Business Administration
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Business Administration that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME instead of 180 to be on a safe side because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider the College of Education or Polytechnic… Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– English Language is compulsory. If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Business Administration. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree!..
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Business Administration
If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Business Administration under faculty of administration, you are expected to have two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography or Statistics
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Business Administration, don’t give up. You should consider other Business Administration similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
These are the list of Universities offering Business Administration under administration in Nigeria
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU)
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Covenant University Ota
- Crescent University
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ekiti State University
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kwararafa University, Wukari
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye,
- Paul University, Awka – Anambra State
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State.
I know some of you will start searching for the best university to study Business Administration. Listen, I don’t encourage such but if you’re bent on knowing the best universities or top universities to study Business Administration in Nigeria, Check here Although recommendation is allowed, don’t be decieve by the word “best”. Read why you should stop looking for the best University in Nigeria
You should read this also
- Common Problems Students Face in University
- The Pros and Cons of Living Off-Campus or On-Campus
- How to setup a timetable for study
Cut-off Mark for Business Administration course
As you can see, more than one University offers Business Administration. This means the cut-off mark for Business Administration varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Business Administration is a good course and you can also check the top best commercial courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Business Administration is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Business Administration is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Business Administration is under the Faculty of Administration but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry over Courses
Can a science or art student study Business Administration?
Yes! If you are a science, art or commercial student, you can comfortably study Business Administration at the university provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Business Administration is through GCE.
Is Business Administration a Social science or Art subject?
Many students ask this question… If Business Administration is a science, art or social science subject. Right now, I’ll give you a straight answer. The study of Business Administration crosses the boundaries between the social sciences and Art/humanities. In Nigeria for example, Business Administration course is studied under the faculty of Administration. Read more on Social science subjects and art and humanities subjects for better explanations
What Business Administration course is all about?
It is not enough to know the required subjects to study Business Administration – That’s the mistake most students make… You ought to know what Business Administration course is all about and this is the main purpose for this page
The BSc in Business Administration is one of the most established and well-respected management courses. It is believed that only female students major in this course but this degree programme is targeted at students seeking and preparing for a career in business and closely related fields. A degree in Business Administration provides students wider knowledge in the area of business, both on a theoretical and practical perspective. Students will learn the vital skills that efficient managers require to survive and win in today’s marketplace.
The primary aim of the programme is to produce graduates who can assist organizations more effectively to accomplish its goals and objectives. While you study this course, you will discover the real understanding of business and learn how to become a more effective decision-maker, manager and leader. Completing this degree helps in preparing graduates for positions, both in the private and public sectors
Moreover, when you study Business Administration, you will be equipped for the challenges of the future. It provides a solid foundation in the diverse economic disciplines which relate to the needs of business, industry and government. The program is designed to produce graduates with the knowledge and skills to help them excel in their business careers, further academic studies, and fulfil their personal potential, the curriculum of Business Administration focuses on the strategic integration of the core business functions.
All students study finance, supply chain, human resource management, entrepreneurship, information technology, accounting, computer, international business, marketing, legal, and environment and ethics quantitative methods.
Objectives of Business Administration
- To provide students with a foundation in oral and written communication skills, accounting, economics, statistics and quantitative methods including Operations Research/Management techniques, finance and business laws/ethics;
- The programme aims at exposing the students to the dynamics of management and administration, which will prepare them to work in both private and public sector of the economy, understand, exploit and if necessary, change the environment.
- The programme is designed to equip students with the basic knowledge and skill needed for understanding and analysing in relation to the management of a business organization of any type.
- The students are equipped with the knowledge and skills required for identifying and defining problems and making a suitable decision by use of management science tools/techniques.
- The ability to solve management problems scientifically by the use of thorough knowledge of the research process and procedures for investigating issues are acquired by the students through the programme.
Now, these are the courses you may likely study under Business Administration degree programme. You can call it course outline! You may not have it arranged this way in the University of your choice but you will definitely meet these courses
These are the list of courses under Business Administration
- Introduction To Financial Accounting
- Introduction To Money And Banking
- Introduction to Business
- Basic Mathematics For Management And Social Sciences
- Introduction To Economics
- Introduction To Philosophy And Logic
- Introduction To Political Science
- Introduction To Psychology
- Introduction To Sociology
- Introduction To Social Work
- Read more here
Career Opportunities for Business Administration Students
A degree in business administration prepares you to work anywhere there is an iota of business activities. Graduates in business administration are prepared for a variety of careers in business or industry including new product development, marketing, manufacturing, human resources, IT management, business analysis, banking and finance, consulting, and business development. They have the knowledge and tools to launch new business ideas and succeed in management positions…
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Business Administration in WAEC. But note this — Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results.
You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Business Administration below if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for Business Administration had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar….