Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Marketing, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more
|Course||Marketing Under Administration|
|Qualification||B.Sc (Hons.) and B.A. (Hons)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Suitability||Commercial and Art Students|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Marketing related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Marketing. If you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a Commercial student or an Art student with a good background Commercial subjects for you to study Marketing in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Marketing
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Marketing in Nigeria universities. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Marketing must include:
- English Language
- Mathematics and any 3 relevant subject
- A trade subject
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any universities, college or polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Marketing. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Marketing, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Marketing
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Marketing that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME instead of 180 to be on a safe side because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider the College of Education or Polytechnic… Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Marketing. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Marketing must include:
- Economics plus one other relevant Subject
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Marketing
If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Marketing under faculty of administration, you are expected to have Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Accounting, Management, Government and Geography
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Marketing, don’t give up. You should consider other Marketing similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
These are the list of Universities offering Marketing in Nigeria
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU, ANSU)
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Covenant University Ota
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Evangel University, Akaeze
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
- Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State .
I know some of you will start searching for the best university to study Marketing under administration. Listen, I don’t encourage such but if you’re bent on knowing the best universities or top universities to study Marketing in Nigeria, Check here Although recommendation is allowed, don’t be decieve by the word “best”. Read why you should stop looking for the best University in Nigeria
You should read this also
- Common Problems Students Face in University
- The Pros and Cons of Living Off-Campus or On-Campus
- How to set up a timetable for study
Cut-off Mark for Marketing course
As you can see, more than one University offers Marketing. This means the cut-off mark for Marketing varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Marketing is a good course and you can also check the top best commercial courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Marketing is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Marketing is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Marketing is under the Faculty of Administration but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry over Courses
Can a science or art student study Marketing?
Yes! If you are a science, art or commercial student, you can comfortably study Marketing at the university provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Marketing is through GCE.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Marketing in WAEC. But note this — Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results.
You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Marketing below if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for Marketing had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar….
The SSCE O level and A-level subject combination (requirements) had been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar….
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Actuarial Science – Under Administration
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Mass Communication – Under Administration
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Secretarial Administration
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Film and Video Studies
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Insurance – Under Administration
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Finance – Under Administration
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Tourism Studies
- Requirements to study Cooperative and Rural Development
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Transport and Planning
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Economics – Under Administration