This page contains the 2022 WAEC and JAMB subject combinations for Political Science Education Degree, including the list of Nigeria universities offering this course, A level requirements and much more.
|Course||Political Science Education|
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)/B.Ed. (Tech)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement to study Political Science Education. In other words, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Requirements To Study Political Science Education
Remember, the subject combination you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before you can gain admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If however, you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 O level requirements for Political Science Education are:
- Civic Education
- Trade Subject
Jamb subject requirements For Political Science Education.
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 190 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Political Science Education degree courses. You can still gain admission if you score between 170-180 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 compulsory (main) subjects in Jamb for Political Science Education are:
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Political Science Education, don’t give up. You should consider other Political Science Education similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Political Science Education
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes in relevant subjects chosen from Government or History, Economics and Geography/Physics.
(ii) NCE merit pass in Govt./History, Economics and Geography/Physics
This is the list of Universities offering Political Science Education in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Abia State University, Uturu
- College of Education, Agbor
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo State
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- College of Education, Ikere Ekiti
- Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun
- Kwara State College of education, Ilorin (KWCOED)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education in Nsugbe, Anambra State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Osun State College of Education Ilesa
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Tansian University, Umunya
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
- Ekiti State University
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo
- College of Education, Warri (COEWARRI)
Political Science Education is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Political Science Education is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under Faculty of Education but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Political Science Education have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course
Special consideration (waiver) for Political Science Education
(i) Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye accepts TC II with merit/credit in English, Mathematics and three other subjects.
(ii) University of Uyo, Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU), University of Calabar (UNICAL), EDALV, University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) and University of Abuja, Gwagwalada require at least a pass in ‘O’ level Mathematics
(iii) Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU) requires five ‘O’ level credit/merit. Credit passes must include Government, English Language and Mathematics or Five TC II credit/merit passes must include English Language, Mathematics and Social Studies.-History is mandatory.
(iv) Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni, Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN) and University of Calabar (UNICAL) do not accept History in lieu of Government.
(v) University of Benin (UNIBEN), Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU), Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye and Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU) requires level credit in Mathematics. University of Benin (UNIBEN) requires any Social Science subject. (vi) University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) requires one of Economics, Commerce or Geography/Physics. (v) Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU) requires Credit Passes in Mathematics.
(vi) Benson Idahosa University, Benin City requires a credit in Mathematics (vii) Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) requires credit in Mathematics.
(viii) Abia State University, Uturu requires Five SSCE credit to include English Language, Government or History and any three subjects, and at least a pass in Mathematics
(viv) Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN) requires Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or its equivalents with credit level passes in five (5) subjects: English Language and Mathematics to form the core subjects, with credit in three (3) other relevant Art or Social Science subject at not more than two sittings. The candidate must earn an acceptable score in the UTME