O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Yoruba Education 2022; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)/B.Ed. (Tech)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
Is Yoruba Education a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Yoruba Education is a good course in Nigeria though with limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. The salary range for Yoruba Education teachers in Nigeria is between 36k to 250k per month
A Yoruba Education degree is competitive and quite popular amongst students in secondary school. From our records, 15 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Yoruba Education, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Yoruba Education and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Yoruba Education
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before gaining admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Yoruba Education are:
- English Language
- Civic Education
- Literature in English
- A Trade subject
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Yoruba Education, don’t give up. You should consider other Yoruba Education similar courses or look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read valuable guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Yoruba Education
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 190 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Yoruba Education. You can still gain admission if you score between 180-190 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Yoruba Education is:
- Literature in English
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Yoruba Education
Two NCE/A’ level passes in Yoruba and any of Lit. in English, CRS, IRS, Igbo and French
These are the list of Universities offering Yoruba Education in Nigeria
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Adeyemi College of Education
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo State
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Moforiji
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Osun State College of Education Ilesa
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
- Ekiti State University
Yoruba Education is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Yoruba Education is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under the Faculty of Education but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Special Consideration (waiver) to study Yoruba Education
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU) and University of Lagos (UNILAG) require credit in Mathematics.
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED) requires Five ‘O’ level credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings to include English Language and two Arts subjects one of which must be Yoruba.
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) requires five credit including English, Mathematics, Yoruba and 2 of Literature in English, Igbo, History or Government, Economics, French, IRS, CRS and Arabic.
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba requires Five ‘O’ level credits at two sittings to include English Language, Yoruba, Literature in English, Mathematics and one Arts subject.
Further Reading on Yoruba Education Degree