This page contains 2022 WAEC and JAMB subject combinations (admission requirements) for Computer Engineering, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more.
|Qualification||B. Eng., B.Sc., B. Tech.|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
Is Computer Engineering a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Computer Engineering is a good course in Nigeria with limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. Computer Engineer and related professionals typically earn between ₦120,000 and ₦300,000 net per month
A Computer Engineering degree is competitive and quite popular amongst students in secondary school. From our records, 27 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Computer Engineering, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Computer Engineering and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Computer Engineering
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before gaining admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Computer Engineering are:
- Further Mathematics
- English Language
- Civic Education
- Geography/Any Nigerian Language
- A trade subject
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Computer Engineering, don’t give up. You should consider other Computer Engineering similar courses or look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read valuable guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Computer Engineering
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 200 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Computer Engineering. You can still gain admission if you score between 180-190 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Computer Engineering is:
- English Language
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
is ICT compulsory for computer science engineering?
The answer is No.
List of Universities offering Computer Engineering in Nigeria
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Covenant University Ota
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna,
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Ekiti State University
- University of Uyo
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Bayero University, Kano (BUK)
- Bells University of Technology, Otta.
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
Cut-off Mark for Computer Engineering course
As you can see, more than one University offers Computer Engineering. This means the cut-off mark for Computer Engineering will vary. However, from aggregate, the cut off mark is 200. You can still gain admission if you score between 180-190 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher.
Computer Engineering is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Computer Engineering is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Computer Engineering is under the Faculty of Engineering but may also be under a different faculty in some universities.
Can a commercial or art student study Computer Engineering?
No! Computer Engineering is a pure science course and not suitable for commercial or art students. But if you have the required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Computer Engineering is through GCE
Special consideration (waiver) for Computer Engineering
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) and Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike – Same as in Civil Engineering.
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State and Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye accept any Science Subject in lieu of Further Mathematics.
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT) requires credit in English Language and all other relevant subjects
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) same as in Chemical Engineering requires credit in Further Mathematics
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja accepts English Language, Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry and any other two Science subjects.
- Federal University of Technology, Minna and Bells University of Technology, Otta require five SSCE Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other Science subject.
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State requires five SSCE Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and one Science or social science subject.
Further Reading on Computer Engineering Degree