This page contains 2022 WAEC and JAMB subject combinations (admission requirements) for Surveying and Geoinformatics, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more.
|Course||Surveying and Geoinformatics|
|Qualification||B. Eng., B.Sc., B. Tech|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
Is Surveying and Geoinformatics a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Surveying and Geoinformatics is a good course in Nigeria with limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. Land Surveyor with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) skills salaries in Nigeria range from 305,000 NGN to 680,000 NGN per month
A Surveying and Geoinformatics degree is not competitive and quite popular amongst students in secondary school. From our records, 18 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Surveying and Geoinformatics, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Surveying and Geoinformatics and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Surveying and Geoinformatics
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before gaining admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Surveying and Geoinformatics are:
- English Language
- Civic Education
- Any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Economics, Tech. Draw, Further. Mathematics., Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block laying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentry, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign & Design, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching & Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity
- Any Nigerian Language
- A trade subject
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Surveying and Geoinformatics, don’t give up. You should consider other Surveying and Geoinformatics similar courses or look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read valuable guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Surveying and Geoinformatics
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 200 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Surveying and Geoinformatics. You can still gain admission if you score between 180-190 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Surveying and Geoinformatics is:
- English Language
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Surveying and Geoinformatics
- Two ‘A’ level passes were chosen from Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry, Geography or Fine Arts.
- ND/HND upper credits in relevant field
List of Universities offering Surveying and Geoinformatics in Nigeria
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure offers Remote Sensing and Geosciences Information System
Surveying and Geoinformatics is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Surveying and Geoinformatics is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Surveying and Geoinformatics is under the Faculty of Science but may also be under a different faculty in some universities.
Can a commercial or art student study Surveying and Geoinformatics?
No! Surveying and Geoinformatics is a pure science course and not suitable for commercial or art students. But if you have the required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subject combination for Surveying and Geoinformatics is through GCE.
Further Reading on Surveying and Geoinformatics Degree