O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Surveying and Geoinformatics 2022; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Course||Surveying and Geoinformatics|
|Qualification||B. Eng., B.Sc., B. Tech., B. Arc|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Surveying and Geoinformatics related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
You must be a science student to study Surveying and Geoinformatics in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement.
In other words, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Surveying and Geoinformatics
The subjects needed to study Surveying and Geoinformatics in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The required WAEC subject combination (O level requirement) for Surveying and Geoinformatics must include
- English Language
- Any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Economics, Tech. Draw, Further. Mathematics., Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block laying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentry, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign & Design, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching & Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity
- A trade subject
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Surveying and Geoinformatics
Knowing JAMB subjects for Surveying and Geoinformatics is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree.
JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Surveying and Geoinformatics are:
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Surveying and Geoinformatics
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry, Geography or Fine Arts.
(ii) ND/HND upper credits in relevant field
If for some reason you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Surveying and Geoinformatics similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
This is the list of Universities offering Surveying and Geoinformatics in Nigeria
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
Cut-off Mark for Surveying and Geoinformatics course
The cut-off mark for Surveying and Geoinformatics varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Surveying and Geoinformatics is a good course and you can also check the top best engineering courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Surveying and Geoinformatics is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Surveying and Geoinformatics is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Surveying and Geoinformatics is under Faculty of Agriculture but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Can a commercial or art student study Surveying and Geoinformatics?
No! Surveying and Geoinformatics is a pure science course and not suitable for commercial or art students. But if you have the required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Surveying and Geoinformatics is through GCE.
Where can I work with a Degree in Surveying and Geoinformatics
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Surveying and Geoinformatics. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added soon.