Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Surveying and Geoinformatics, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Course||Surveying and Geoinformatics|
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Surveying and Geoinformatics. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Surveying and Geoinformatics in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Surveying and Geoinformatics
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Surveying and Geoinformatics in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Surveying and Geoinformatics must include:
Mathematics and Physics and any other three subjects from the following: Further Mathematics, Chemistry; Technical Drawing/Fine Art, Geography, Economics/Commerce, Biology/Agricultural Science, English Language, Basic Electricity At least a credit pass in English Language is compulsory.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Surveying and Geoinformatics
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Surveying and Geoinformatics that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Surveying and Geoinformatics. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Surveying and Geoinformatics must include:
Any three of Chemistry/Agric. Science, Biology, Economics and Mathematics
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Surveying and Geoinformatics, don’t give up. You should consider other Surveying and Geoinformatics similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Surveying and Geoinformatics:
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Benue State Poly, Benue State. (BEN-POLY)
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic Damaturu, Yobe State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana Akwa Ibom State
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- Nigeria Army Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies, Benue State (NAITES)
- Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH)
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Ramat Polytechnic
- Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State
- Edo State Institute of Technology and Management, Usen
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Abia State Polytechnic
Can a commercial or art student study Surveying and Geoinformatics?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Surveying and Geoinformatics at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Surveying and Geoinformatics in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Surveying and Geoinformatics below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Surveying and Geoinformatics
a) Ramat Polytechnic accepts Certificate in Surveying and Geo-informatics plus the relevant O/L requirements.
b) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires five credits in Mathematics, English Language, Physics and any two (2) from the following: Technical Drawing/Fine Art, Biology/Agric. Science, Building Construction, Statistics, Economics/Commerce, Geography, Chemistry, Basic/Applied Electricity.
c) FSS-OYO requires at least a credit pass in English Language and four credits in O’ level. The four credits must include Physics and Mathematics and two of the following subjects, Further Mathematics or Statistics, Land Surveying, Tech. Drawing or Fine Art, Chemistry, Geography, Economics or Government, Biology or Agric. Sci.. OR Four credit passes in relevant subject as above at the final examination of an National Business and Technical Examination Board recognised Preliminary National Diploma programme offered in Polytechnics or similar Post Secondary Technical Institutions.
e) Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) requires credit pass in Physics or Chemistry and a pass in English Language.
f) KWAPOLY accepts a Credit Pass in Government but does not accept Basic Electricity.
g) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State does not accept Further Maths, commerce and basic electricity.
(h)IBD POLY accepts Physics as UTME subject.
(i) Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State requires any three of Physics, Economics, Geography and Mathematics as UTME subjects.
(j) Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. accepts Physics and Technical Drawing as UTME subjects.
(k) Fed. Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State accepts Geography or Economics as UTME subject.
(l) Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State. accepts certificate in Surveying and geo-Informatics plus O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, English Language and two other subjects from Further Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry or Geography.
m)Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State accepts any three of Chemistry/Physics, Biology, Economics and Mathematics as UTME subjects.
n) Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi requires credit passes in Physics, Mathematics Geography and Chemistry as course requirement. It requires Physics, mathematics and any one of Chemistry, Art, Biology or Economics as UTME subjects.
o) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna State requires Mathematics, Physics and any one from Geography, Chemistry, Technical Drawing, Additional Mathematics or Economics.
p) MAPLOY does not accept Agricultural Science as alternative to Biology but accept at least a pass in English Language.
i) Federal Polytechnic Damaturu, Yobe State. and Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State. accept Physics and Geography.
ii) Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana requires Physics, Mathematics and any of Geography, Chemistry, Fine Art, Biology, Agricultural Science or Economics.
iii) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State accepts any three of Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Biology, Economics, Mathematics, Geography and Physics.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 43 Polytechnics offering Quantity Surveying and requirements
- 45 Polytechnics offering Architectural Technology and requirements
- 53 Polytechnics offering Estate Management and Valuation and requirements
- 19 Polytechnics offering Forestry Technology and requirements
- 28 Polytechnics offering Hospitality Management and requirements
- 12 Polytechnics offering Leisure and Tourism Management
- 28 Polytechnics offering Food Technology and requirements
- 20 Polytechnics offering Fishery Technology and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Geological Technology and requirements
- 4 Polytechnics offering Glass/Ceramics Technology and requirements