Last updated on July 9th, 2018 at 02:21 am
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for History; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty/School/College of Arts.
- Probable Degree type–B.A. B.Sc. (Hons.)
The admission requirement to study History in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for History?
The subjects needed to study History in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for History must include:
- English Language
- A trade subject
Consciously or not, all of us operate as historians. We make judgments and decisions based on our knowledge, however inadequate, of what has gone before. Furthermore, we make sense of our own position in the present by composing and telling stories about where we have been in the past. The formal study of history—the critical examination of human accomplishments and failures—does likewise, and it greatly enhances our ability to judge and decide about both private matters and public issues. Although historical awareness does not offer immediate solutions to contemporary problems, it does lead to a better understanding of them. Studying what was remote in time and space provides important perspectives on politics, society, and culture.
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for History?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for History are
- Any other two subjects from Arts and Social Sciences.
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study History?
Two ‘A’ level passes in History and any other related subjects
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for History, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer History?
List of Nigeria Universities offering History include:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano Click to read conditions
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina (FUDUSOK)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State (FULOKOJA)
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- University of Ibadan (UI) Click to read conditions
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU) Click to read conditions
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Legacy University, Okija Anambra State
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna (NDA) Click to read conditions
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa Click to read conditions
- Sokoto State University
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Kings University, Ode Omu (UNIKINGS)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
Where can I work with a Degree in History?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study History. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study History have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for History and International Studies
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Igbo
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Archaeology – Under Art
- Requirements to WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Fine Art / Fine and Applied Arts
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for German
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for History and Archaeology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for French
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Mass Communication – Under Art
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Political Science – Under Art
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Yoruba