O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Botany; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty/School/College of Science .
- Probable Degree type – (B.Sc. & B. Tech)
The admission requirement to study Botany in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Botany?
The subjects needed to study Botany in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Botany must include
- English Language
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subjects needed) for Botany?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Botany are
- Any other Science subject
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Botany?
Two ‘A’ level passes in Biology/Botany/Zoology and Chemistry or Physics
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Botany, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate.
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
List of Nigeria Universities offering Botany are
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU)
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano Click to read conditions
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) Click to read conditions
- Dominican University Ibadan Oyo State
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki Click to read conditions
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State (FULAFIA)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Hallmark University, Ijebi Itele, Ogun
- University of Ibadan (UI) Click to read conditions
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) Click to read conditions
- Kogi State University Anyigba,
- Kebbi State University, Kebbi
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU) Click to read conditions
- Legacy University, Okija Anambra State
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH) Click to read conditions
- Paul University, Awka – Anambra State
- Southwestern University, Oku Owa
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSUJ)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Hezekiah University, Umudi
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Veritas University, Abuja Click to read conditions
It is good we take a look at the brief description to help you decide if this course is worth studying in Nigeria Universities. Botany which is also known as plant science is the scientific study of plants. Because the field is so broad, there are many kinds of plant scientists and many different opportunities available.
Botanists interested in ecology study interactions of plants with other organisms and the environment. Other field botanists search to find new species or do experiments to discover how plants grow under different conditions. Some botanists study the structure. They may work in the field, concentrating on the pattern of the whole plant. Many botanists do experiments to determine how plants convert simple chemical compounds into more complex chemicals. They may even study how genetic information in DNA controls plant development.
Botany is a very good course to study if you have the required subject combination. It is a good course because it helps to increase and improve our supply of medicines, foods, fibres, building materials, and other plant products. Students who study this course are equipped with the knowledge of ensuring that the role of plants in the life of the individual and the nation’s economy and existence is adequately emphasized.
Where can I work with a Degree in Botany?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Botany. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating.
Students graduating from Department of Botany may choose careers in teaching and/or research in colleges, universities and research institutions, government, agriculture, forestry, conservation and wildlife management, wood technology and industries, such as sugar, rubber, fertilizer and oil (vegetables and minerals), petroleum refinery, etc.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Botany have been listed above. Yet, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combinations for Applied Botany
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Biological Science
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combinations for Zoology
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Biology
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Botany and Microbiology
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Marine Biology and Fisheries
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Industrial Mathematics
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Fisheries – Under Science
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Food Science and Technology – Under Science
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Industrial Physics