This page contains 2023 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Agricultural Technology, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||Low and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Agricultural Technology. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Agricultural Technology in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Agricultural Technology
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Agricultural Technology in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The required WAEC subject combination (O level requirement) for Agricultural Technology must include:
Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics and any three of the following:
- Food and Nutrition,
- Technical Drawing,
- English Language,
- Nigerian Language,
- Home Economics.
- At least credit passes in English Language and Chemistry are compulsory.
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Agricultural Technology. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Agricultural Technology, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Agricultural Technology
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Agricultural Technology that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– English Language is compulsory. If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Agricultural Technology. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree!..
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- Other Science subject.
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Agricultural Technology, don’t give up. You should consider other Agricultural Technology similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Agricultural Technology:
- Plateau State College of Agriculture, Garkawa, Plateau State.
- D.S. ADEGBENRO
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bali
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
- OKE-OGUN POLY
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
Can a commercial or art student study Agricultural Technology?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study study Agricultural Technology at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background in science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Agricultural Technology in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Agricultural Technology below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Agricultural Technology
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro and Plateau State College of Agriculture require at least a pass in English and Mathematics /Statistics in addition FEDAGRIC-IBD requires a pass grade in Chemistry
- FCLT-OWER requires at least a pass in English Language.
- FEDAGRIC-AKR requires at least a pass in English Language and Mathematics. Accepts four credit passes in NBTE recognised Pre-ND course offered in a Polytechnic or similar post-Secondary Institutions.
- FECOFOR-JOS same as in Forestry Technology.
- BUCOA-HAD – requires Mathematics and any two subjects from Physics, Geography, Biology/Agricultural Science and Economics as UTME subjects.
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) accepts a pass in English Language and Physics.
- IBD POLY requires at least a Pass in English Language.
- Niger State College of Agriculture, Niger State. requires credit pass in Chemistry, Physics and Home Economics as course requirement.
- FED POLY BAUCHI: accepts Chemistry, Agric/Biology and any two other science subjects: Economics, geography, Physics, at lease passes in English and Mathematics.
- k) Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State requires at least pass in chemistry and Statistics. Requires credit in English Language (not Literature in English).
- FEDAGRIC-IBD requires at least a pass in English Language, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro requires credit passes in Chemistry, Biology and Agricultural Science.
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic accepts Animal Husbandry in lieu Agriculture.
- FEDANIM-VOM – Same as in Animal Health and production Technology.
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) requires credit passes in Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics, English Language and any two Geography, Food & Nutrition, Economics/Commerce, Technical Drawing, Physics, Chemistry, Nigerian Language, Home Economics, French Language. At least a pass in Chemistry is also required.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires Three (3) credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Biology and/or Agric. Science and any two (2) of the followings subjects: Technical Drawing, Geography, Food & Nutrition, Physics, Economics, Chemistry, Statistics
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) accepts Economics.
- FECOFOR-JOS requires either of Biology/Agricultural Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics or Geography.
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic requires Mathematics.
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) requires any of Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any one of Physics, Mathematics or Economics as the third subject.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires Mathematics, Biology and any one (1) from: Chemistry, Physics, Economics, Geography, Statistics.
- Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture, Yandev Benue State. requires Biology and any of Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Geography.
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH) accepts any three of Biology/Agricultural Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics and Geography