Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Building Technology, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Building Technology. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Building Technology in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Building Technology
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Building Technology in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Building Technology must include:
Mathematics and Physics and any three of the following: Economics/Commerce, Technical Drawing/Fine Art, Chemistry, Geography, Further Mathematics Woodwork, Biology, Religious Knowledge, Metal Work, And at least a credit pass in English Language is Compulsory. A pass in Art or Technical Drawing will be an advantage
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Building Technology. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Building Technology, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Building Technology
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Building Technology that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Building Technology. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Building Technology must include:
- Chemistry or Fine Arts.
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Building Technology, don’t give up. You should consider other Building Technology similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Building Technology:
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Zamfara State
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State (Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State. )
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Benue State Poly, Benue State. (BEN-POLY)
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Fed. Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State
- Heritage Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic (NASPOTEC)
- Nigeria Army Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies, Benue State (NAITES)
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Umar Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
Can a commercial or art student study Building Technology?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Building Technology at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Building Technology in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Building Technology below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Building Technology
a) Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State. may accept City and Guilds/WAEC Technical Certificate (Ordinary/Advanced Craft) Credit in Building accompanied by four credits in relevant science subjects.
b) Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH) does not accept Religious Knowledge as course requirement.
c) Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State requires five credit passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any of Building Engineering, Drawing, Building Construction and any of NABTEB Trade such as Bricklaying, Plumbing, Painting and Decoration, Carpentry, Wood, Machinery and Furniture Crafts.
d) Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti accepts NABTEB certificate with credits in Block Laying & Concreting, Carpentry & Joinery, Plumbing and Pipe filling.
e) FEDPOFFA requires at least passes in Physics, Chemistry and a credit in Eng. Language.
f) Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro Same as in Agric. Engineering.
(g)Ramat Polytechnic same as in Architectural Technology
(h)Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi requires four credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and two from chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science at a sittings and five credits in two sittings
(i) KWAPOLY accepts Credit passes in Biology, Building Construction, Wood/Metal Work, Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying, Block Laying, Constructing Walls, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery and Carpentry. It does not accept Commerce. It also requires five credit passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry and any two from the Courses listed under Course Requirements.
(f) Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) requires a pass in English Language in addition to five credit passes required by UTME may be accepted. NABTEB certificate with five credits in the following options: block laying and Concreting, Carpentry and Joinery, Plumbing and Pine fitting may be accepted.
(g) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State requires credit passes in Chemistry and does not accept Commerce, Fine Arts, Further Maths, Wood Work, Biology, Religious studies and Metal work.
(h) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) requires Credit Passes in Maths, Physics and at least Pass in English Language in WASCE, GCE, SSCE, NABTEB or NECO in the relevant subjects. Also accepts Credit Passes in Block Laying and Concreting, Carpentry and Joinery, Plumbing and Pipe Fittings.
(i) Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State does not accept Commerce, Economics, Biology and religious Studies as course requirement.
(j) Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. requires credit passes in Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry and three of Geography, Economics, Technical Drawing/Art, Wood Work, Metal Work, Biology/Agric. Science, English Language. A pass in English Language is required.
(k) Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi accepts Mathematics, physics, but does not accept Fine Art. Technical Drawing is an added advantage.
(l) OKE-OKUN POLY accepts credit pass in Chemistry or Physics. Also accepts credit pass in Building Construction.
(m) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) also accepts Geography as the third UTME subject.
(n) Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State. accepts Mathematics, Physics and any of Chemistry, Biology or Geography as UTME subjects.
(o)Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires five (5) credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics or Chemistry, Technical Drawing or Fine Art and any one (1) from: Geography or Building Construction, NABTEB such as Bricklaying, Plumbing, Painting and Decoration, Carpentry, Wood, Machinery and Furniture Crafts.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 2 Polytechnics offering Boat and Ship Building Engineering Technology
- 45 Polytechnics offering Architectural Technology and requirements
- 34 Polytechnics offering Agricultural Engineering/Technology and requirements
- 8 Polytechnics offering Metallurgical Engineering Technology
- 4 Polytechnics offering Polymer Technology and requirements
- 4 Polytechnics offering Glass/Ceramics Technology and requirements
- 20 Polytechnics offering Fishery Technology and requirements
- 12 Polytechnics offering Fashion Design and Clothing Technology
- 10 Polytechnics offering Chemical Engineering Technology and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Dental Technology and requirements