Last Updated on
O Level/WAEC subject combination for Building Technology in Polytechnic must include
Mathematics and Physics and any three of the following: Economics/Commerce, Technical Drawing/Fine Art, Chemistry, Geography, Further Mathematics Woodwork, Biology, Religious Knowledge, Metal Work, And at least a credit pass in English Language is Compulsory. A pass in Art or Technical Drawing will be an advantage
JAMB UTME subject combinations for Building Technology in Polytechnic are
Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry or Fine Arts.
List of Nigeria Polytechnics/Monotechnics offering Building Technology:
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Zamfara State
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State (Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State. )
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Benue State Poly, Benue State. (BEN-POLY)
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Fed. Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State
- Heritage Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic (NASPOTEC)
- Nigeria Army Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies, Benue State (NAITES)
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Umar Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
Special Consideration/waiver for Building Technology
a) Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State. may accept City and Guilds/WAEC Technical Certificate (Ordinary/Advanced Craft) Credit in Building accompanied by four credits in relevant science subjects.
b) Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH) does not accept Religious Knowledge as course requirement.
c) Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State requires five credit passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any of Building Engineering, Drawing, Building Construction and any of NABTEB Trade such as Bricklaying, Plumbing, Painting and Decoration, Carpentry, Wood, Machinery and Furniture Crafts.
d) Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti accepts NABTEB certificate with credits in Block Laying & Concreting, Carpentry & Joinery, Plumbing and Pipe filling.
e) FEDPOFFA requires at least passes in Physics, Chemistry and a credit in Eng. Language.
f) Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro Same as in Agric. Engineering.
(g)Ramat Polytechnic same as in Architectural Technology
(h)Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi requires four credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and two from chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science at a sittings and five credits in two sittings
(i) KWAPOLY accepts Credit passes in Biology, Building Construction, Wood/Metal Work, Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying, Block Laying, Constructing Walls, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery and Carpentry. It does not accept Commerce. It also requires five credit passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry and any two from the Courses listed under Course Requirements.
(f) Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) requires a pass in English Language in addition to five credit passes required by UTME may be accepted. NABTEB certificate with five credits in the following options: block laying and Concreting, Carpentry and Joinery, Plumbing and Pine fitting may be accepted.
(g) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State requires credit passes in Chemistry and does not accept Commerce, Fine Arts, Further Maths, Wood Work, Biology, Religious studies and Metal work.
(h) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) requires Credit Passes in Maths, Physics and at least Pass in English Language in WASCE, GCE, SSCE, NABTEB or NECO in the relevant subjects. Also accepts Credit Passes in Block Laying and Concreting, Carpentry and Joinery, Plumbing and Pipe Fittings.
(i) Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State does not accept Commerce, Economics, Biology and religious Studies as course requirement.
(j) Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. requires credit passes in Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry and three of Geography, Economics, Technical Drawing/Art, Wood Work, Metal Work, Biology/Agric. Science, English Language. A pass in English Language is required.
(k) Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi accepts Mathematics, physics, but does not accept Fine Art. Technical Drawing is an added advantage.
(l) OKE-OKUN POLY accepts credit pass in Chemistry or Physics. Also accepts credit pass in Building Construction.
(m) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) also accepts Geography as the third UTME subject.
(n) Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State. accepts Mathematics, Physics and any of Chemistry, Biology or Geography as UTME subjects.
(o)Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires five (5) credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics or Chemistry, Technical Drawing or Fine Art and any one (1) from: Geography or Building Construction, NABTEB such as Bricklaying, Plumbing, Painting and Decoration, Carpentry, Wood, Machinery and Furniture Crafts.
Like Fatherprada on Facebook
- Polytechnic: Requirement for Architectural Technology
- Polytechnic: Admission Requirement for Quantity Surveying
- Polytechnic: Requirement for Glass/Ceramics Technology
- Polytechnic: Mineral Resources Engineering Technology
- Polytechnic: Fashion Design and Clothing Technology
- Polytechnic: Boat and Ship Building Engineering Technology
- Polytechnic: Requirement for Surveying and Geoinformatics
- Polytechnic: Requirement for Printing Technology
- Polytechnic: Admission Requirement for Polymer Technology
- Polytechnic: Metallurgical Engineering Technology