Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Geological Technology, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Geological Technology. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Geological Technology in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Geological Technology
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Geological Technology in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Geological Technology must include:
Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry and any two subjects from 1. Geography 2. Biology 3. Agricultural Science 4. Economics 5. Basic Electronics 6. Further Mathematics 7. English Language. At least a credit pass in English Language is compulsory.
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Geological Technology. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Geological Technology, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Geological Technology
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Geological Technology that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Geological Technology. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Geological Technology must include:
Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Geological Technology, don’t give up. You should consider other Geological Technology similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Geological Technology:
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
Special Consideration/waiver for Geological Technology
a) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) does not accept Agricultural Science as part of course requirement.
b) FEDPO=EDE requires the fifth subject from Geography, Biology, Agricultural Science, Economics or Commerce
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- 1 Polytechnics offering Music Technology and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Pharmaceutical Technology and requirements
- 9 Polytechnics offering Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering/Technology and requirements
- 1 Polytechnics offering Leather Technology and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Dental Technology and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Textile Technology and requirements
- 10 Polytechnics offering Chemical Engineering Technology and requirements
- 5 Polytechnics offering Orthopedic Cast Technology and requirements
- 4 Polytechnics offering Polymer Technology and requirements
- 8 Polytechnics offering Welding and Fabrication Technology and requirements