Last updated on June 14, 2020 by The Counselor
This page contains 2020/2021 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Course||Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology|
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology must include:
Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and any two subjects from: Biology/Agricultural Science Technical Drawing, Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity, Auto Mechanics, Metal Work, Woodwork (for Civil Engineering Tech.), Further Mathematics English Language, Geography, Economics/Commerce. For Marine Engineering and Industrial Safety & Environmental Engineering a pass in Biology is required. At least a credit pass in English Language is required.
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– English Language is compulsory. If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree!..
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology, don’t give up. You should consider other Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology:
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, Ogun State Nigeria
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Air Force Institute of Technology, Nigerian Air Force, Kaduna
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Zamfara State
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Benue State Poly, Benue State. (BEN-POLY)
- Bolmor Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Covenant Polytechnic
- Crown Polytechnic, Ekiti State
- Ibadan City Polytechnic
- College of Technology, Osun State.
- S. Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic, Itori, Ogun State
- Dorben Polytechnic
- Eastern Polytechnic, Rivers State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic Damaturu, Yobe State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji, Ondo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana Akwa Ibom State
- Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State
- Ogun State Institute of Technology (OGITECH)
- Gboko Polytechnic, Benue State.
- Global Polytechnic, Ondo State
- Grace Polytechnic, Lagos
- Heritage Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Igbajo Polytechnic, Osun State
- The Polytechnic, Igbo-Owu, Kwara State.
- The Polytechnic, Ile-Ife, Osun State
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Interlink Polytechnic, Osun State
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kalac Christal Polytechnic, Lagos State
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Jigawa State. (KAZAURE)
- Kings Polytechnic, Ubiaja Edo State
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos City Polytechnic, Ikeja, Lagos State
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Lens Polytechnic, Kwara State.
- Light House Polytechnic, Edo State
- Maritime Academy of Nigeria
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- Marist Polytechnic, Enugu State.
- NACABS Polytechnic, Akwanga
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic (NASPOTEC)
- Nigeria College of Aviation Technology, Zaria
- Delta State Polytechnic, Delta State.
- Our Saviour Institute of Science and Technology (Poly) Enugu State
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- The Polytechnic, Imesi-Ile, Osun State
- Umar Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto
- The Polytechnic, Adoka, Benue State.
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Petroleum Training Institute, Delta State (PTI)
- Port Harcourt Polytechnic
- Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State
- Sure Foundation Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- RONIK Polytechnic, Lagos.
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- Shaka Polytechnic. Edo State
- Temple-Gate Polytechnic, Abia
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa,Oyo State. (TIPE)
- Tower Polytechnic Oyo State.
- Trinity Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- Valley View Polytechnic, Ohafia, Abia State
- Uyo City Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- Edo State Institute of Technology and Management, Usen
- Wolex Polytechnic Lagos.
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
Can a commercial or art student study Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
a) Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State and Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State require credit pass in English Language.
b) GIWAPOLY does not insist on credit passes at two sittings.
c) Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) accepts a pass in English Language.
d) FEDPOFFA accepts English Language Economics, Biology, Agric Science as the five credits.
e) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires five credits passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any one from Technical Drawing, Basic Electronics or Further Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Applied Electricity, Biology.
f) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) requires credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English Language for holders of WAEC/NECO/GCE and NABTEB certificates.
g) Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi requires O/L credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any one from Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Sci and Technical Drawing
h) Igbajo Polytechnic, Osun State requires five credit passes in Mathematics, Eng. Lang, Physics and any other two subjects from the following: Basic Electricity, Bio/agric, Chemistry and Technical Drawing.
i) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) requires Mathematics and any two subjects from Physics, Chemistry/Technical Drawing as UTME subjects.
k) KWAPOLY accepts Credit Passes in Alt. to Mechanics, Fine Art, Domestic and Industrial Installation, Cable Joining, Winding of Electrical Machine, Radio Communication, Television, Electronic Devise and Circuit, Mechanical/ Pneumatic Instrument, Electrical/Elect. Instrument, Regulation and Installation, Electric Servicing and Circulation, Radio, Television and Electric Servicing, Direct Current, Alternate Current and Basic Electricity.
k) Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) accepts a pass in English Language.
l)Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other Science subject as course requirement.
m) FEDPO-Nek – Same as in Civil Engineering.
n) Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Jigawa State. (KAZAURE) requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any two Science subjects.
o) Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State will accept five credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any one from Technical Drawing, Basic Electronics or Further Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Applied Electricity, Biology. The credit passes must not be in more than two sittings.
p) Osun State Polytechnic, Iree accepts credit passes in Civic Education/Government, Welding/Auto Part Merchandizing, and Computer Studies/ICT/Data Processing.
i) Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU) accepts Biology.
ii) AUCHIPOL requires Further Mathematics, Statistics or Economics.