Last Updated on
This page contains 2020/2021 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Health Information Management, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Course||Health Information Management|
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Health Information Management. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Health Information Management in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Health Information Management
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Health Information Management in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Health Information Management must include:
Mathematics, English Language, Biology/Health Science and any two from Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Economics, Religious Knowledge, Nigerian Language.
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Health Information Management. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Health Information Management, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Health Information Management
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Health Information Management that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Health Information Management. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Health Information Management must include:
Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics /Biology
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Health Information Management, don’t give up. You should consider other Health Information Management similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Health Information Management:
- Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital Kaduna State.
- Abia State College of Health Sciences and Management Technology (ACHTECH)
- Anambra State College of Health Technology
- College of Health Technology, Calabar, Cross River State
- College of Health Technology, Plateau State
- Kwara State College of Health Technology, Kwara State
- School of Health Information Management, Lagos University Teaching Hospital, (LUTH)
- Ogun State College of Health Technology, Ogun State
- Rivers State College of Health Science
- SHEHU IDRIS
- University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, School of Health Information Management
- University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, School of Health Information Management (UNICALTH)
- School of Health Information Management, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (UNIZIKTH)
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Health Information Management
a) School of Health Information Management, Lagos University Teaching Hospital, (LUTH) requires five O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry or Physics and other subject.
b) SHIM-UCH and SHIM-UBTH require five O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science, Chemistry/Physics and any other subject as course requirement.
c) SHIM-UCH requires any Mathematics, Biology, Physics/Chemistry and Biology as UTME subjects.
d) OAUTHC requires Mathematics, Biology and any one of Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Economics and Government as UTME subjects.
e) SHIM-UMTH requires Mathematics and Biology/Health Science and any other one subject as UTME subject.
a) School of Health Information Management, Lagos University Teaching Hospital, (LUTH) requires any three subjects from Biology, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry.
b) SHIM-UBTH – Mathematics is not Compulsory
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 13 Polytechnics offering Environmental Health Technology
- 26 Polytechnics offering Animal Health and Production Technology and requirements
- 4 Polytechnics offering Medical Imaging Technology
- 28 Polytechnics offering Hospitality Management and requirements
- 12 Polytechnics offering Leisure and Tourism Management
- 15 Polytechnics offering Nutrition and Dietetics and subject combination
- 12 Polytechnics offering Fashion Design and Clothing Technology
- 2 Polytechnics offering Wildlife and Ecotourism and requirements
- 4 Polytechnics offering Dental Therapy and requirements
- Polytechnics offering Cartography and Geographic Information System