Last Updated on
O Level/WAEC subject combination for Metallurgical Engineering Technology in Polytechnic must include
English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any one subjects from: Biology/Agricultural Science Technical Drawing, Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity, Auto Mechanics, Metal Work, Woodwork (for Civil Engineering Tech.), Further Mathematics English Language, Geography, Economics/Commerce.
JAMB UTME subject combinations for Metallurgical Engineering Technology in Polytechnic are
Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics
List of Nigeria Polytechnics/Monotechnics offering Metallurgical Engineering Technology:
Benue State Poly, Benue State. (BEN-POLY)
Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
Kwara State Polytechnic
Delta State Polytechnic, Delta State.
Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
Special Consideration/waiver for Metallurgical Engineering Technology
a) Kwara State Polytechnic requires a credit in Physics. Accepts Credit Passes in Fine Art, Statistics, Sheet Metal/ Structural Steel Work, Arc./Gas Welding, Fitting Drilling and Grinding, Vehicle Body Building, Turning, Milling, Shaping, Planning and Slotting, Vehicle Painting and Trimming and Body Repair Work as requirements for Metallurgy Engineering Technology.
b) FEDPOIDA requires a credit in Physics, Mathematics and Chem. and one of the subjects listed in column
c) FEDPOIDA offers the course as Metallurgical Engr. Tech.
d) KEB-POLY offers it as Metal Engineering Technology.
e) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) – Same as in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
f) Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi requires four O/ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any one from Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science, Technical Drawing, Biology, Geography, Economics
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- Polytechnic: Mineral Resources Engineering Technology
- Polytechnic: Foundry Engineering Technology
- Polytechnic: Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Polytechnic: Requirement for Chemical Engineering Technology
- Polytechnic: Requirement for Civil Engineering Technology
- Polytechnic: Requirement for Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Polytechnic: Requirement for Marine Engineering Technology
- Polytechnic: Requirement for Welding and Fabrication Technology
- Polytechnic: Agricultural Engineering/Technology
- Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering/Technology