Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Chemical Engineering Technology, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Course||Chemical Engineering Technology|
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Chemical Engineering Technology. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Chemical Engineering Technology in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Chemical Engineering Technology
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Chemical Engineering Technology in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Chemical Engineering Technology must include:
Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and any two subjects from: Biology/Agricultural Science Technical Drawing, Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity, Auto Mechanics, Metal Work, Woodwork (for Civil Engineering Tech.), Further Mathematics English Language, Geography, Economics/Commerce. For Marine Engineering and Industrial Safety & Environmental Engineering a pass in Biology is required. At least a credit pass in English Language is required.
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Chemical Engineering Technology. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Chemical Engineering Technology, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Chemical Engineering Technology
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Chemical Engineering Technology that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Chemical Engineering Technology. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Chemical Engineering Technology must include:
- Chemistry or Tech. Drawing.
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Chemical Engineering Technology, don’t give up. You should consider other Chemical Engineering Technology similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Chemical Engineering Technology:
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
Can a commercial or art student study Chemical Engineering Technology?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Chemical Engineering Technology at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Chemical Engineering Technology in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Chemical Engineering Technology below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Chemical Engineering Technology
a) Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. requires Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as UTME subjects.
b) IMO – POLY requires Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as UTME subjects.
i) Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU) accepts Biology.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 9 Polytechnics offering Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering/Technology and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Marine Engineering Technology and requirements
- 1 Polytechnics offering Industrial Maintenance Engineering Technology
- Polytechnics offering Industrial Safety and Environmental Engineering Technology
- 5 Polytechnics offering Foundry Engineering Technology and requirements
- 7 Polytechnics offering Mechatronics Engineering Technology and requirements
- 2 Polytechnics offering Boat and Ship Building Engineering Technology
- Polytechnics offering Aircraft Technology Engineering and subject combination
- 7 Polytechnics offering Mineral Resources Engineering Technology
- 8 Polytechnics offering Metallurgical Engineering Technology