This page contains 2020/2021 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Civil Engineering Technology, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Course||Civil Engineering Technology|
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Civil Engineering Technology. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Civil Engineering Technology in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Civil Engineering Technology
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Civil Engineering Technology in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Civil Engineering Technology must include:
Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and any two subjects from: Biology/Agricultural Science Technical Drawing, Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity, Auto Mechanics, Metal Work, Woodwork (for Civil Engineering Tech.), Further Mathematics English Language, Geography, Economics/Commerce. For Marine Engineering and Industrial Safety & Environmental Engineering a pass in Biology is required. At least a credit pass in English Language is required.
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Civil Engineering Technology. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Civil Engineering Technology, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Civil Engineering Technology
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Civil Engineering Technology that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Civil Engineering Technology. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree!..
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Civil Engineering Technology, don’t give up. You should consider other Civil Engineering Technology similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Civil Engineering Technology:
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Zamfara State
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Benue State Poly, Benue State. (BEN-POLY)
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic Damaturu, Yobe State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana Akwa Ibom State
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Jigawa State. (KAZAURE)
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic (NASPOTEC)
- Nigeria Army Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies, Benue State (NAITES)
- Nogak Polytechnic, Cross River State.
- Delta State Polytechnic, Delta State.
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Umar Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa,Oyo State. (TIPE)
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
Can a commercial or art student study Civil Engineering Technology?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Civil Engineering Technology at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Civil Engineering Technology in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Civil Engineering Technology below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Civil Engineering Technology
a) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State, AUCHIPOL, GIWAPOLY, FEDPOOsun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun, Osun State. and FEDPOIDA require credit in Chemistry
b) Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU) requires four credits to be at a sittings or 5 at two sittings and offers it as Civil Engineering. c) Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State requires a credit in English Language.
d) Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) requires five credits at not more than two sittings to include credit passes in Chemistry and Physics and at least a pass in English Language.
e) Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti accepts credit in Geog. or Economics.
f) Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana will accept any other subject at credit level from Technical Drawing, Economics, Geography, Basic Electronics/Electricity, Auto mechanics, Metal Work and Wood Work.
g) Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro and Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) require credit passes in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics & any other subject from Biology/Agricultural Science/Technical Drawing.
h) FEDPOFFA accepts at least a pass in Chemistry.
I) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) same as in Electrical/Electronics.
j) Ramat Polytechnic same as in Architectural Technology
k) Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi requires O/L paper with credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any one subject from Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Sci. l) KWAPOLY accepts Credit passes in Fine Art, Introduction to Building, Bricklaying & Block Laying, Concreting, Walls Floor and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery and Carpentry.
f) Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) accepts a pass in English Language.
g) Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi requires Credit in Math, Physic, and one of T/drawing or Chemistry.
h) Osun State Polytechnic, Iree accepts credit passes in Civic Education/Government, Welding/Auto Part Merchandizing, and Computer Studies/ICT/Data Processing.
(i) Kano State Polytechnic requires Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
(ii) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State does not accept Basic electronics/basic electricity, Economics/ Commerce, Wood work/auto mechanics and Metal work.
(iii) Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State requires Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry or Technical Drawing.
iv) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires Mathematics, Physics and Technical Drawing or Chemistry