Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Home and Rural Economics, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Course||Home and Rural Economics|
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||Low and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Home and Rural Economics. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a commercial student with a good background commercial subjects for you to study Home and Rural Economics in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Home and Rural Economics
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Home and Rural Economics in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Home and Rural Economics must include:
Three other subjects from: Government, Business Methods, Economics/Commerce, Religious Knowledge, Any Nigerian Language, Geography, Bookkeeping and Principles of Accounts History, Clothing and Textile, Plus credit passes in English Language and Mathematics
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Home and Rural Economics. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Home and Rural Economics, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Home and Rural Economics
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Home and Rural Economics that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Home and Rural Economics. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Home and Rural Economics must include:
Biology, Agricultural Science and any other subject.
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Home and Rural Economics, don’t give up. You should consider other Home and Rural Economics similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Home and Rural Economics:
- Anambra State College of Agriculture
- Plateau State College of Agriculture
- College of Agriculture, Jalingo
- College of Agriculture Lafia, Nassarawa State
- Niger State College of Agriculture, Niger State.
- Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture, Yandev Benue State.
- Samaru College of Agriculture, Zaria
- College of Agriculture, Kebbi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Mahammed Lawan College of Agriculture, Maiduguri, Borno State
- Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology, Oyo State
Can a science or art student study Home and Rural Economics?
No! If you are a Science or an Art student, you cannot study Home and Rural Economics at the polytechnic because it is a pure commercial course which need a good background on commercial subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Home and Rural Economics in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Home and Rural Economics below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Home and Rural Economics
a) Plateau State College of Agriculture requires one Science subject, another subject from Mathematics, Geography, Economics, Social Science, Religious Knowledge and any Nigerian Language.
b) FEDAGRIC-IBD requires credit passes in Biology/Agricultural Science and any four other relevant subjects
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 26 Polytechnics offering Animal Health and Production Technology and requirements
- 20 Polytechnics offering Fishery Technology and requirements
- 19 Polytechnics offering Forestry Technology and requirements
- 15 Polytechnics offering Nutrition and Dietetics and subject combination
- 12 Polytechnics offering Fashion Design and Clothing Technology
- 1 Polytechnics offering Music Technology and requirements
- 54 Polytechnic offering Agricultural Technology and requirements
- 3 Polytechnics offering Textile Technology and requirements
- 13 Polytechnics offering Environmental Health Technology
- 13 Polytechnics offering Horticultural Technology and requirements