Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Library and Information Science 2019/2020; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Course||Library and Information Science under Education|
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)/B.Ed. (Tech)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||varies|
|Related courses||Library and Information Science related courses|
|Job Availability||Low and Competitive|
This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement to study Library and Information Science. That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Library and Information Science
The subjects needed to study Library and Information Science in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Library and Information Science must include
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Library and Information Science
Knowing JAMB subjects for Library and Information Science is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
These are JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Library and Information Science
- Any three subjects.
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Library and Information Science
(i) Two A’ level passes in relevant subject plus UTME requirements.
(ii) NCE (merit) in relevant subjects
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Library and Information Science similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad or within. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Library and Information Science in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- College of Education, Ankpa, Kogi State.
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Bayero University, Kano
- Madonna University, Okija
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Kwara State College of education, Ilorin (KWCOED)
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
- Veritas University, Abuja
Cut-off Mark for Library and Information Science course
The cut-off mark for Library and Information Science varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Library and Information Science is a good course and you can also check the top best Educational courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Library and Information Science is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Library and Information Science is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under Faculty of Education but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Where can I work with a Degree in Library and Information Science
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Library and Information Science. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read Fatherprada’s Career Guide – so that you can have knowledge on how the labour market operate after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Library and Information Science have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Library and Information Studies
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Library Science
- Study Pre-Primary and Primary Education
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Education and Social Science
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Education and Science
- Study Education and Computer Science
- Study Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Study Vocational and Technical Education
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Education and Integrated Science
- Study Education, Language and French