Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Chemical Engineering; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
The admission requirement to study Chemical Engineering in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Chemical Engineering?
The subjects needed to study Chemical Engineering in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Chemical Engineering must include:
- Mathematics If you don’t have credit in Mathematics, Click here fast
- English Language
- Any other Science subject
- A trade subject
What is Chemical Engineering all about? Why must you study this course? Well, Chemical Engineering deals with the design and maintenance of chemical plants and the development of chemical processes for converting raw materials or chemicals into valuable forms. It combines knowledge of Chemistry and Engineering for the production of chemicals and related by-products. This branch of engineering is a varied field, covering areas from biotechnology and nanotechnology, mineral processing, pharmaceuticals, synthetic fibres, petroleum refining plants etc. Now let’s break it down…
- Chemical Engineers are concerned with the designing, supervision, construction, installation and operation of plants and equipments for manufacturing chemical products
- Chemical Technologists deal with the production of substances with new properties which require new methods of production in the fields of petroleum refining & fertilizer technology.
- Chemical Engineers involves in the processing of food and agricultural products, paints and dyes, recycling metals, glass and plastics, cosmetics, mineral based industries and prevention and control of environmental hazards.
- Chemical Engineers involves in the research and development activities in the Bio-Tech firms to find out new drugs.
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subjects needed) for Chemical Engineering?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Chemical Engineering are
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Chemical Engineering?
‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Chemical Engineering, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Chemical Engineering?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
List of Nigeria Universities offering Chemical Engineering include
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) with options in: (i) Nuclear Eng. Tech. (ii) Chemical Eng.Tech. (iii) Biochemical Eng. Tech.
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano Click to read conditions
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Covenant University Ota
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- Igbinedion University Okada , University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH) Click to read conditions
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY).
Where can I work with a Degree in Chemical Engineering?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Chemical Engineering. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating.Career opportuunities in Chemical Engineering include;
- Food & Drink
- Oil and Gas
- Process Plants & Equipment
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Chemical Engineering have been listed above. Yet, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Would kindly recommend Fatherprada on Facebook
- Study Chemical / Petrochemical Engineering
- Study Chemical and Polymer Engineering
- Study Computer Engineering – Under Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Civil Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Electrical Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Agricultural Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Mechanical Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Metallurgical Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Production Engineering
- Requirement to Study Building Technology – Under Engineering