Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Chemical Engineering 2019/2020; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Qualification||B. Eng., B.Sc., B. Tech., B. Arc|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Chemical Engineering related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
You must be a science student to study Chemical Engineering in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), s, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Chemical Engineering
The subjects needed to study Chemical Engineering in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Chemical Engineering must include:
What is Chemical Engineering course all about?
Why must you study this course Well, Chemical Engineering deals with the design and maintenance of chemical plants and the development of chemical processes for converting raw materials or chemicals into valuable forms.
It combines knowledge of Chemistry and Engineering for the production of chemicals and related by-products. This branch of engineering is a varied field, covering areas from biotechnology and nanotechnology, mineral processing, pharmaceuticals, synthetic fibres, petroleum refining plants etc. Now let’s break it down…
- Chemical Engineers are concerned with the designing, supervision, construction, installation and operation of plants and equipment for manufacturing chemical products
- Chemical Technologists deal with the production of substances with new properties which require new methods of production in the fields of petroleum refining & fertilizer technology.
- Chemical Engineers involves in the processing of food and agricultural products, paints and dyes, recycling metals, glass and plastics, cosmetics, mineral based industries and prevention and control of environmental hazards.
- Chemical Engineers involves in the research and development activities in the Bio-Tech firms to find out new drugs.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Chemical Engineering
Knowing JAMB subjects for Chemical Engineering is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Chemical Engineering are:
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Chemical Engineering
‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Chemical Engineering similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Chemical Engineering in Nigeria
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) with options in: (i) Nuclear Eng. Tech. (ii) Chemical Eng.Tech. (iii) Biochemical Eng. Tech.
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Covenant University Ota
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- Igbinedion University Okada , University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY).
Cut-off Mark for Chemical Engineering course
As you can see, there are over 27 Universities offering Chemical Engineering. This means the cut-off mark for Chemical Engineering varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Chemical Engineering is a good course and you can also check the top best engineering courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Chemical Engineering is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Chemical Engineering is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Chemical Engineering is under Faculty of Agriculture but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Can a commercial or art student study Chemical Engineering?
No! Chemical Engineering is a pure science course and not suitable for commercial or art student. But if you have required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Chemical Engineering is through GCE.
Where can I work with a Degree in Chemical Engineering
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Chemical Engineering. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities in Chemical Engineering include;
- Food & Drink
- Oil and Gas
- Process Plants & Equipment
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Chemical Engineering have been listed above. Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Requirements to Study Chemical / Petrochemical Engineering
- Requirements Study Chemical and Polymer Engineering
- Requirement to Study Computer Engineering – Under Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Food Science and Technology – Under Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Metallurgical Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Agricultural Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Electrical Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Civil Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Industrial Design
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Mechanical Engineering