This page contains 2023 WAEC and JAMB subject combinations (admission requirements) for Drama / Performing Arts, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more.
|Course||Drama / Performing Arts|
|Qualification||B.A. B.Sc. (Hons.)|
|How many years||3 – 4 Years|
|Who can study this course||Art and commercial student|
Is Drama / Performing Arts a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Drama / Performing Arts is a good course in Nigeria but has limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. Drama / Performing Arts graduates typically earn between ₦65,000 and ₦2,000,000 net per month
Drama / Performing Arts course is competitive and quite popular amongst students in secondary school. From our records, 14 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Drama / Performing Arts, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Drama / Performing Arts and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combinations For Drama / Performing Arts
In WAEC, NECO or GCE, you are expected to register a maximum of 9 subjects for a Drama / Performing Arts degree. You can register for less than 9 subjects if you are resitting.
However, you must have at least 5 credit passes amongst the 9 subjects listed below before you can gain admission into any Nigerian university to study for a Drama / Performing Arts degree.
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before gaining admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Drama / Performing Arts are:
- Literature in English
- English Language
- Civic Education
- A trade subject
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Drama / Performing Arts, don’t give up. You should consider other Drama / Performing Arts similar courses or look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read valuable guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Drama / Performing Arts
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 180 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Drama / Performing Arts. You can still gain admission if you score between 160-170 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Drama / Performing Arts is:
- English Language
- Literature in English
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
List of Universities offering Drama / Performing Arts in Nigeria
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
Cut-off Mark for Drama / Performing Arts course
As you can see, more than one University offers Drama / Performing Arts. This means the cut-off mark for Drama / Performing Arts will vary. However, from aggregate, the cut off mark is 180. You can still gain admission if you score between 160-170 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher.
Drama / Performing Arts is how many years course?
In Nigeria, if you gain admission to study Drama / Performing Arts degree course at the university through JAMB UTME, you will study Drama / Performing Arts for four years. If you gain admission through direct entry, you will study this course for three years. And of course, there is room for more years if you have an extension; the aftermath of carryover courses.
Drama / Performing Arts is under which faculty in Nigeria?
According to JAMB, a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions, Drama / Performing Arts is under the Faculty/School/College of Art but may also be under a different faculty in some universities in Nigeria.
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry-over Courses
Can a science or commercial student study Drama / Performing Arts?
Yes! If you are a science or a commercial student, you can study Drama / Performing Arts at the university provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Drama / Performing Arts is through GCE.
Special Consideration (Waiver) to study Drama / Performing Arts
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, NFI-DEG, Bowen University, Iwo, Plateau State University Bokkos
(PLASU), Kogi State University Anyigba and University of Ibadan (UI) require 5 ‘O’ level credit passes to include Drama / Performing Arts, Literature-in-English and other subjects from Arts or Social Science.
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU), University of Jos (UNIJOS), University of Uyo, Benue State University, Makurdi, Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU), University of Calabar (UNICAL) and Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) require credit pass in Literature-in-English.
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU), Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK) and University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) accept five ‘O’ level credit passes to include Drama / Performing Arts and Literature-inEnglish plus any other Arts/Social Science subjects.
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) require Literature-in-English and one Arts subject.
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) Fine Art is not compulsory.
- University of Uyo does not require a credit pass in Fine Arts.
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) requires Drama / Performing Arts, Literature in English and any other two Arts or Social Science subjects
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe accepts a pass in Mathematics.
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) accepts ABRSM Grade V and above (Music Theory) or equivalent certificate in lieu of credit pass in Literature in English.
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye requires five ‘O’ Level credit passes to include Drama / Performing Arts, Literature in English and Arts subjects.
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU) requires Five ‘O’ level credit passes in Drama / Performing Arts, Literature-in-English plus one Arts subject and any other two subjects.
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe requires five ‘O’ Level credit passes to include Drama / Performing Arts, Literature-in-English one other Arts subject and at least a pass in Mathematics.
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU) requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English, Literature in English and any other three subjects, two of which must be Arts subjects.
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State requires five Credits passes in SSCE (or its equivalent) including Drama / Performing Arts and Literature in English and at least a pass in Mathematics.
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) requires Five ‘O’ level credit passes in subjects which must include Drama / Performing Arts, Literature-inEnglish, and one science subject at WASCE or its equivalents.
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada requires five credit passes in English, Mathematics, Literature in English and any other two subjects
Further reading on Drama / Performing Arts:
Must i do trade subject