This page contains 2023 WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Physiology, including the list of Nigeria universities offering this course, A level requirements and much more
|Qualifications||M.B.B.S., MB.B.Ch.B., B.D.S., B.Ch.D., Pharm.B, B.SC|
|Duration||5 – 6 Years|
Is Physiology a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, it is a good course. Physiology is one of the oldest degrees in Nigeria with limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. A person working as an Exercise Physiologist in Nigeria typically earns around 158,000 NGN per month. Salaries range from 158,000 NGN to 680,000 NGN
A Physiology degree is competitive and very popular amongst science students in secondary school. From our records, 31 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Physiology, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Physiology and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Physiology
In WAEC, NECO or GCE, you are expected to register a maximum of 9 subjects for a Physiology degree. You can register for less than 9 subjects if you are resitting.
However, you must have at least 5 credit passes amongst the 9 subjects listed below before you can gain admission into any Nigerian university to study for a Physiology degree.
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before you can gain admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If however, you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Physiology are:
- Civic Education
- Trade Subject
- Geography/Further Mathematics
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Physiology, don’t give up. You should consider other Physiology similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Physiology
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 200 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Physiology. You can still gain admission if you score between 180-190 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Physiology are:
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Physiology
If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Physiology, you are expected to have Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Zoology
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
These are the list of Universities offering Physiology in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Bowen University, Iwo
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo
You should read this also
- Common Problems Students Face in University
- The Pros and Cons of Living Off-Campus or On-Campus
- How to set up a timetable for study
Physiology is how many years course?
In Nigeria, if you gain admission to study Physiology degree course at the university through JAMB UTME, you will study Physiology for 6 years. If you gain admission through direct entry, you will study this course for 5 years. And of course, there is room for more years if you have an extension; the aftermath of carryover courses.
Physiology is under which faculty in Nigeria?
According to JAMB, a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions, Physiology is under the Faculty/School/College of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Science
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry-over Courses
Can a science or art student study Physiology?
No! If you are a Commercial or Art student, you can’t study a Physiology degree course at the university. This is a pure science course. But if you are good with Science subjects, you can take your chances I won’t discourage you provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Physiology is through GCE.
Course description for Physiology:
Physiology is a sister course to Physiology. Physiology integrates medicine and health as well as science to formulate a model for understanding how the human body adapts to stresses, physical activity, and diseases.
The study of human physiology integrates knowledge across many levels, including biochemistry, cell physiology, organ systems, and the body as a whole. The human physiology program provides the scientific foundation necessary for professional studies in medicine, physical therapy, and other health science fields.
Learn more about Physiology
Further Reading on Physiology Degree
Can I use combined results to study physiology
Yes you can
You are right