O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Physiology including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty/School/College of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Science.
- Probable Degree type – [M.B.B.S., MB.B.Ch.B., B.D.S., B.Ch.D., Pharm.B, B.SC]
The admission requirement to study Physiology in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Physiology?
The subjects needed to study Physiology in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Physiology must include:
- English Language
- A trade subject
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Physiology?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Physiology are
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Physiology?
Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Zoology
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Physiology, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Physiology?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
List of Nigeria Universities offering Physiology include:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano Click to read conditions
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Bowen University, Iwo
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) Click to read conditions
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure Click to read conditions
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ibadan (UI) Click to read conditions
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Click to read conditions
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU) Click to read conditions
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo
Course Description for Physiology:
Physiology is a sister course to Anatomy. Physiology integrates medicine and health as well as science to formulate a model for understanding how the human body adapts to stresses, physical activity, and diseases. The study of human physiology integrates knowledge across many levels, including biochemistry, cell physiology, organ systems, and the body as a whole. The human physiology program provides the scientific foundation necessary for professional studies in medicine, physical therapy, and other health-science fields…..
Where can I work with a Degree in Physiology?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Physiology. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Physiology have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Nutrition and Dietetics – Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Veterinary Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Anatomy
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Optometry – Under Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Public Health Technology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Nursing/Nursing Science
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Medicine and Surgery
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Pharmacy
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Dentistry and Dental Surgery