Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Health Education 2020/2021; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)/B.Ed. (Tech)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||varies|
|Related courses||Health Education related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement to study Health Education. That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), s, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Health Education
The subjects needed to study Health Education in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Health Education must include
- English Language
- A Trade Subject
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Health Education
Knowing JAMB subjects for Health Education is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
These are JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Health Education
- English Language
- Three other subjects
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Health Education
(i) Diploma in Health Educ., Environmental Sanitation, Physical Educ., Social work, Health Admin. with overall grades of merit plus three ‘O’ level credit/TC II merit passes which should include English Language.
(ii) NCE in Biology, Health Educ., and Integrated Science with a pass grade 2 ‘O’ level credit/TC II merit passes.
(iii) Registered Nurse plus 5 ‘O’ level credit to include English Language
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Health Education similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad or within. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Health Education in Nigeria
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo State
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni (Health and Safety Education)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- College of Education, Ikere Ekiti
- Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
Cut-off Mark for Health Education course
The cut-off mark for Health Education varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Health Education is a good course and you can also check the top best Educational courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Health Education is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Health Education is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under Faculty of Education but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Where can I work with a Degree in Health Education
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Health Education. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read Fatherprada’s Career Guide – so that you can have knowledge on how the labour market operate after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Health Education have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Health And Safety Education
- Olevel/WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Physical Education
- Study Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Study Sport Science and Health Education
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Wood Work / Education
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Early Childhood Education
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Education Accounting
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Vocational Education
- Study Physical Education and Recreation
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Building Education