Last updated on October 17, 2019 by The Counselor
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Quantity Surveying 2020/2021; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Qualification||B. Eng., B.Sc., B. Tech., B. Arc|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Quantity Surveying related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
You must be a science student to study Quantity Surveying in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), s, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Quantity Surveying
The subjects needed to study Quantity Surveying in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Quantity Surveying must include
- English Language
- Any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Economics, Tech. Draw, Further. Mathematics., Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block laying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentry, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign & Design, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching & Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity
- A trade subject
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Quantity Surveying
Knowing JAMB subjects for Quantity Surveying is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree!..
JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Quantity Surveying are:
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Quantity Surveying
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry, Geography or Fine Arts.
(ii) ND/HND upper credits in relevant field.
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Quantity Surveying similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Quantity Surveying in Nigeria
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu – Osun State
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- University of Uyo
Cut-off Mark for Quantity Surveying course
The cut-off mark for Quantity Surveying varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Quantity Surveying is a good course and you can also check the top best engineering courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Quantity Surveying is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Quantity Surveying is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Quantity Surveying is under Faculty of Agriculture but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Can a commercial or art student study Quantity Surveying?
No! Quantity Surveying is a pure science course and not suitable for commercial or art student. But if you have required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Quantity Surveying is through GCE.
Where can I work with a Degree in Quantity Surveying
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Quantity Surveying. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Quantity Surveying have been listed above. Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Fatherprada tries as much as possible to provide you with correct and up to date information. If you find any pieces of misinformation or require additional details please feel free to use the comment. Follow Fatherprada on Facebook for Guides