Last Updated on
This page contains official 2020/2021 WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Arabic Studies, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more.
|Qualification||B.A. B.Sc. (Hons.)|
|How many years||3 – 4 Years|
|Who can study this course||Art and commercial student|
|Cut off mark||varies|
|Related courses||Arabic Studies related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
|Got question?||Click here|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Arabic Studies. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be an Art student with a good background in Art subjects for you to study Arabic Studies in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Arabic Studies
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Arabic Studies in Nigeria universities. These subjects combination are also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Arabic Studies must include:
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any universities, college or polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Arabic Studies. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Arabic Studies, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Arabic Studies
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Arabic Studies that you must register and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME instead of 180 to be on a safe side because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider the College of Education or Polytechnic… Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Arabic Studies. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Arabic Studies must include:
- Two subjects from Arabic Studiess and/or Social Sciences
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Arabic Studies
If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Arabic Studies, you are expected to have Two ‘A’ level passes in Arabic and any other Arabic Studies subject.
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Arabic Studies, don’t give up. You should consider other Arabic Studies similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
These are the list of Universities offering Arabic Studies in Nigeria
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University Katsina
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK).
I know some of you will start searching for the best university to study Arabic Studies. Listen, I don’t encourage such but if you’re bent on knowing the best universities or top universities to study Arabic Studies in Nigeria, Check here
You should read this also
- Common Problems Students Face in University
- The Pros and Cons of Living Off-Campus or On-Campus
- How to set up a timetable for study
Cut-off Mark for Arabic Studies course
The cut-off mark for Arabic Studies varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Arabic Studies is a good course and you can also check the top best Art courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Arabic Studies is how many years course?
In Nigeria, if you gain admission to study Arabic Studies at the university through JAMB UTME, you will study Arabic Studies for four years. If you gain admission through direct entry, you will study this course for three years. And of course there is room for more years if you have extension; the aftermath of carryover courses.
Arabic Studies is under which faculty in Nigeria?
According to JAMB, a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions, Arabic Studies is under the Faculty/School/College of Art but may be under a different faculty in some universities in Nigeria.
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry over Courses
Can a science or commercial student study Arabic Studies?
Yes! If you are a science or a commercial student, you can study Arabic Studies at the university provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Arabic Studies is through GCE.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Arabic Studies in WAEC. But note this — Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results.
You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Arabic Studies below if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for Arabic Studies had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar….
Fatherprada tries as much as possible to provide you with correct and up to date information. If you find any pieces of misinformation or require additional details please feel free to use the comment.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Arabic and Islamic Studies
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Arabic Language
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Islamic Studies
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Arabic Language and Literature
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Comparative Religious Studies
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Yoruba
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Christian Studies
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Hausa
- Requirement to study Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Religious Studies