This page contains 2022 WAEC and JAMB subject combination for Mathematics Education, including the List of Nigeria universities offering this course, A level requirements and much more
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
Is Mathematics Education a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Mathematics Education is a good course in Nigeria though with limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. The salary range for Mathematics Education teacher in Nigeria is between 80k to 250k per month
An Mathematics Education degree is competitive and quite popular amongst students in secondary school. From our records, 64 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Mathematics Education, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Mathematics Education and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Mathematics Education
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before gaining admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Mathematics Education are:
- English Language
- Civic Education
- Further Mathematics
- Any Nigerian Langauge
- A Trade subject
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Mathematics Education, don’t give up. You should consider other Mathematics Education similar courses or look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read valuable guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Mathematics Education
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 190 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Mathematics Education. You can still gain admission if you score between 180-190 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Mathematics Education is:
- English Language
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Mathematics Education
Two ‘A’ level/NCE passes in Mathematics and one Science subject
These are the list of Universities offering Mathematics Education in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Adeyemi College of Education
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU)
- College of Education, Agbor
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Cross River State University of Science & Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- College of Education, Ankpa, Kogi State.
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo State
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta
- Federal College of Education, Okene
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Godfrey Okoye University Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Federal College of Education, Katsina
- Federal College of Education, Pankshin
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- College of Education, Ikere Ekiti
- Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Kano University of Science & Technology, Wudil (KUST)
- Kwara State College of education, Ilorin (KWCOED)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Federal University of Technology Minna
- Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Moforiji
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education in Nsugbe, Anambra State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Osun State College of Education Ilesa
- Federal College of Education (special) Oyo
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Sokoto State University
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- Ekiti State University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo
- College of Education, Warri (COEWARRI)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
- CE-College of Education, Akwanga.
Special Consideration (waiver) to study Mathematics Education
- Edo University Iyamo accepts Economics as the other Science subject.
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU) accepts a P.7 in English Language for candidates with distinction in subjects relevant to the course.
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), University of Abuja, Gwagwalada and Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye accept TC II (merit/credit) in relevant subjects.
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU) and Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU) require Physics and any other Science subject.
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) accepts the other Science subject from Physics, and two other science subjects of Chemistry, Biology, Agric. Science (including at least a pass in Further Mathematics).
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) requires 2 other Science/Social Science subjects.
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) does not accept TC II in Arithmetic as subject for ‘O’ level mathematics.
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria require Two other Science subjects.
- University of Uyo requires a credit in English Language and Physics.
- Bowen University, Iwo accepts either Biology or Agric Science as Science subject.
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED) does not accept Agricultural Science as Science subject
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH) requires credit in Physics and either Chemistry or Biology.
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN) and Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba also require credit in Physics.
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU) requires five credit including English Language, Mathematics and any other three
Further Reading on Mathematics Education Degree